Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to try to post pictures, and hopefully I get it right!

Anyway, I adopted my kitties near the end of August this year. They are twins (but don't look it!), and they were born approximately February 15th, 2012.

Merlin (seen below) is an orange tabby. He is very loveable, and is ALWAYS purring. In fact, all I have to do is pet his sister, and he starts to purr because he knows he's next. :grin: He is playful, and can make a toy out of anything (and is a bit destructive as a result). He has a mischievous streak, and is probably the clumsiest kitty I know, but he can always make me laugh.

Guinevere (seen below) is known more by her nickname, Guinny. It took her about a month to warm up to me, but now she is very attached to me. I never thought she would be a lap cat, but she is always snuggling up to me, and sleeping on me. It turns out, she is quite the little purrer as well. She is also playful. She is very colourful with different patterns all over her body, and she is a torbie kitty.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And a few more pictures of my babies:

Guinny:

Merlin:

Sometimes they (play) fight:

But in the end, they still love each other:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I liked them about them as well. When I adopted them they were in a room with all their siblings (and one non-related similar-aged "cousin"), and they were all orange like Merlin. I picked Merlin because he snuggled up with me the most, and then I knew I was taking Guinny because she was so different. So glad I picked them both--they are such wonderful kitties!

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
They're so sweet!! Merlin looks like he has little tufts of fur in his paws - does he? or are his paws just very furry? :) Guinny has such big, innocent eyes!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I love the big hug in the last picture too! They have their moments, but overall they really do love each other--they were a good match to get as a set.

Both kitties are "Domestic Medium Hair". I am not quite sure what fur tufts are, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what he has. Guinny's are actually more prominent, you just can't see them that well in the pictures. They are like clusters of fur between each finger that are longer than the paw itself (is that what a fur tuft is?)

Edit: You can see what I am talking about with Guinny in the picture where she is sitting on the window sill.

·
Premium Member
7,098 Posts
Yes, that's what I meant by tufts. :) I hadn't noticed it in the pic of Guinny before. It's just so cute. :)

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
What gorgeous kitties!! I'm a fan of the orange boys myself, and Guinny's coloring is absolutely gorgeous. I don't think I've ever seen a cat that looks exactly like her . . . she's a unique character.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am SO in love with your kitties. They are GORGEOUS and I just love their names. All you need now is a Lancelot and an Arthur. lol!!
Thank you! :)

They were given these names by their foster mother before I met them, and believe it or not there actually was another brother named Lancelot! lol And one named Galahad. They were both adopted together shortly after I took home Merlin and Guinny.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts