Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Althought neither of my cats are technically babies, these two are my babies....

The first one is my favorite, her name is Cali, short for California.. She was actually a friend's cat, his name was James, when he went on a trip to California one time he saw a litter of abandoned kittens, they all ran except this one, she ran up to him, well he couldn't say no so he brought her home..

When Cali turned six I came into her life, when we met James.. As soon as I saw Cali I fell in love, she was affectionate toward me immediately... Well turned out that James three boys use to pick on her fairly bad... Chasing her, pulling her tail, they even once took her while she was in her "house" (the carpet cylinder things everyone has) and rolled the house while she was in it.. *needless to say she won't get near another one*

Well as fate would have it they were going to take her to the pound because they got dogs and didn't want her anymore... so I begged and pleaded, and begged somemore until finally when I was about to give up my husband told them we would take her... I was SOOOOO happy..

She use to be terrified around my young daughter, and is now finally to the point where she can be sleeping on the couch, and have my daughter run and jump on the opposite side of the couch and not flinch... a big improvement from just seeing her and running away either to hide or be in my arms.... She has also gone from being my "cuddlebug" to just following me from room to room and keeping a little distance... If there is a blanket left laying around it a good bet you'll find her on it.... she has been a wonderful addition to the family...

Yes, Cali's life was going great until the day "he" came home...

When my husband's grandmother passed away, Tigger, at the ripe old age of 13 lived outside as an alleycat for nearly six months in California.. Until the day I came to visit the family...

As soon as I saw him with his dirty face and almost completely-knotted fur that was it, I took him home with me, he drove a 10hour trip with me in the car. We brought him home, bathed him, and fought with him until he was practically bald from cutting out sooooo many knots.. *I know he was just LOVING us at this point*

Tigger has three teeth left in mounth and horrid breath to prove it but he loves to be my lap cat once he warmed up to me... He spends alot of time under the bed when my daughter is awake, because unlike cali where my daughter is an "improvement" tigger lived his whole life with an elderly woman, my daughter I think moves too fast for him!! *smile* But once my daughter is asleep he's our new best friend.

Cali and Tigger although love us very much can't stand each other!! Cali has not lived with another cat since she was a kitten and doesn't like them. Tigger, I think is just a mean old grump! *i tell my husband he's going to act like tigger when he gets old!*

Since then they actually can stand to be in the same room together in fact we've seen them only a few feet apart, but we still hear the ocasionally fight in the middle of the night when they accident turn a corner to be nose-in-nose with the other one..... maybe one day they'll be best friends!

·
Registered
88 Posts
They're both so beautiful!!! Tigger looks like a Maine Coon or Maine Coon Mix..absolutely gorgeous coat!!

Is that siamese in Cali? She doesn't look like a siamese but sure seems to have the coloring.

Both of them are so adorable!!! I have the same problem with Keeter and Spaz though...they've been together now for about 9-10 months and still barely tolerate each other. I wish they'd be friends!!

·
Registered
363 Posts
They are both absolutely gorgeous, and wow, what amazing rescue stories.....poor Tigger outside for 6 months!!!
And Cali does look a little siamese, I find so too, her colouring is really interesting.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah we think Cali is a siamese mix... she does however had a very striking resembles to Annissa's Sabby... thought I was look at a "tan Cali!" :lol: She weighs a little over 8 lbs.... and has a couple
"love handles"

Tigger we beileve is a Maine coon... he probally weighs 18 lbs. and just absolutely HUGE!!! He's not even considered fat... he is extremely long and tall...

·
Registered
560 Posts
I actually think that Cali might be a Ragdoll mix - she has the mittens and the almost bicolor markings typical of that breed (I'm not sure if any other breeds have those same markings). I have to agree - Tigger looks like a Maine Coon mix to me.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
They are so pretty and its so cute how Cali's tail almost gets to wrap around her paws, I know my cat Sugar loves doing that :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts