Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my buddy Turbo. He is about 6 months old right now. My brothers cat had kittens and i decied to give one a home even though i previously did not like cats. I planned to rehome him as opposed to letting him become a stray or go to someone that would not care for him properly. Anyway, iv decided to keep him, hes my new little buddy. Iv dome some research and from what i can tell he has some russian blue in him, what do you think? He has Mauve(sp?) paw pads, silver tips on his hair and 2 distinct coats, his eyes are almost always very very green also. The dog is an American Pit Bull Terrier and is his best friend. They play together, eat together, and sleep together. Dont worry, they are neve left alone together, the dog is crated when im not home or when i cannot directly watch them.

EDIT: i have many pics that are more recent than this pic of turbo i just need to upload them. I will post them soon.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
I think your buddy looks very cute. ...and Wow!...your Brindle Dog Can Jump! Growing up, we had a super-muscular Boxer who could leap that high. His name was Bart (Bartholomew).

·
Super Moderator
26,443 Posts
Turbo is adorable! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the nice comments. I am very involved with the APBT breed and in return i have learned alot about K9 nutrition. I hope to do the same here for Turbo. A while back he developed an allergy to certain foods. I know dogs can be allergic to grains and wheat in the foods, does the same go for cats? I switched Turbo to Natures Variety Instinct which is what i have my dog on because he is allergic to grain and NV claims to be grain free. Since switching Turbo to NV i have noticed that the scratching on the back of his neck is completely gone. There used to be no hair and open wounds where he would scratch alot. The only problem now is that he hates the food and will only eat it if he has to. He tries to steal the dog food and any food in the house actually and its hard to keep it from him. So, the search continues for a good food. I will do more research in the health section.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
It sounds like Turbo did have a food allergy. There are members here who are much better educated about the grain-free foods than me and they may have some ideas of a brand your Turbo would like better than what he is currently eating and not liking.
h

1 - 11 of 11 Posts