Cat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 cats, Genis and Freya. Both were born in july of 2004.

Genis, male, unsure of what breed he is, but from research it's possible he could be a seal lynx. The personality fits, and hes a very unique cat, and a sweetheart. Here are some pics of Genis.

Freya is my newest cat, female, same age as Genis almost. Not sure what breed she could be either, but im guessing she could be an egyptian mau. I just got her a few days ago so i dont have many pictures of her.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
They are lovely! I would say they are both mixes, meaning no specific breed - domestic shorthairs (DSH), but they are beautiful regardless of whether they come with a pedigree. :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
The first one is a seal lynx point with white -- but that's a pattern, not a breed. You can't really find out what breed your cat is unless you have papers. The second one is a domestic shorthair brown spotted tabby. Egyptian Maus are very rare, and their coats and heads and bodies look different than your cat. Breeders of these are scarce, and therefore keep very close tabs on their cats, and you wouldn't really find one in a shelter. Hope that helps. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts