Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted plenty of pics of my kitty babies...

But here are my other babies.

I've had Snoopy since he was 16 weeks, before his caramel colour developed and he looked like a ghost.

Now he just looks like trouble...

Of course, being white, he feels the cold a lot... or maybe he's just a complete wuss...

We adopted Henry from a Welfare org, he'd been found wandering the streets, with no collar and no chip, and no one looking for him. He was only a year old.

Henry and Snoop love running down the beach...

14 months ago,I read a story about puppy farms and got so upset. I decided I had room in my life and on the sofa for one more. I contacted the Welfare to ask about the possibility of adopting again after Christmas. They said they'd just taken a girl basset in, could I go look that weekend? And of course, she came home. She'd been adopted before, but the couple split. She stayed with the man, who then had a bad accident and could no longer care for her. Not that he seemingly cared too much initially. She'd never been walked, her claws were so overgrown they were under her feet. She lived on takeaway food.

She's such a little darling, and really completes my little pack :) It's been so nice to see a frightened little girl become bold and confident and happy, even if she is a little bit of a pushy princess :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
I love basset hounds! The pictures are cute! I remember years upon years ago when I lived down south my parents owned a basset hound.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Holy moly, and I thought I had it bad with my beagle's sad eyes, LOL. Your bassetts' eyes have the "poor me, can I please have a treat?" thing mastered!

There is a bassett hound next door to us and his claws are crazy long, almost like you said your rescue's claws were. I'd just noticed it the other day (I'd never been up close to him). I had no idea dog claws could grow that long.

·
Registered
26 Posts
they are so gorgeous i had a basset hound/bloodhound mix but he passed away when he was 8 months old we still havent figure out why here's a pic of him his name was fred

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh you are so lucky! What a fun bunch and how neat that you adopted one from a rescue. I always tell people if they're looking for a particular breed to try the rescues first. Pure breeds get left out with trash as often as mutts.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all.

@adsam85 - so sorry about your pup :( He was adorable.

Two of my three are rescues, people seem to pay for the look of the breed, without understanding them and so they're thrown out. Makes me SO angry.

The Basset welfare people organise "welfare walks" where everyone with rescued bassets meets up every other month. It's amazing to see 50+ basset hounds all tearing around - every one has a tale of differing degrees of sadness, but all now have happy new lives.

I have to say, my hounds tolerate my cats' bad behaviour quite well. The Norwegian boys steal the dogs toys, and will even take treats right out of their mouths.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts