Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I can't wait to see and hear about everyone's kitties! :)

Here are my two babies...

Bodhi - he is 11 years old, but I adopted him when he was 8 yrs old. He is the biggest love-bug ever!! He loves nothing more than to head-bonk and be held and petted. I don't think he has a mean bone in his body! I absolutely adore him!

Clair - she is 5 months old. I just got her a few weeks ago, and she has certainly livened up the house!! She is playful, happy-go-lucky, and VERY sweet! She's a big purr-baby, too. :) What's even better is that it seems like she's taken years off Bodhi's life... he is running through the house acting like a little kitten! I was hesitant to get a young kitten with him being an older cat, but it has worked out great! :)

I'm totally in love with both my kitties! :luv

Candace

·
Premium Member
7,088 Posts
Aww, they're adorable! Bodhi looks positively regal, and Clair looks like she's got the softest and silkiest fur.

I'm partial to brown tabbies too - though one of mine seems to be more of a redhead, and the other is part brown tabby part silver. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you to both of you!! Yes, Bodhi does look quite regal in his photos. He's my Zen cat... I chose a new name for him because of his loving and totally docile nature and he has definitely lived up to it! Clair's fur is VERY soft and silky! It is a bit on the oily side, but I comb her every few days and use a bit of Fuller's Earth behind her ears and on her neck where it gets more oily looking. I think a lot of the oil is actually from my hands where I am always scratching her there! haha

Both of you have such sweet looking kitties! I love tabbies so much... with white, without, doesn't matter to me really! I love them all. :) Of course, all cats are beautiful in their own way!

Candace :)

·
Premium Member
9,126 Posts
What a perfect match. They sound like a cute fur family. I love those fur tuft on Clairs ears. Bless you foreign adopting an older cat too.

·
Registered
889 Posts
What beautiful kitties! I've never owned a longhair, but every time I see one, I am filled with awe and joy :}

If you use a mild cat shampoo, it is possible - and NOT dangerous - to bathe oily cats ;} My elderly fuzzball is 1/2 outdoors cat, and she gets incredibly filthy and has an oily coat. I bathe her every 2 weeks, and although it's a bit traumatic for her at the time, she spends less time trying to lick off all her fur. ;}

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a perfect match. They sound like a cute fur family. I love those fur tuft on Clairs ears. Bless you foreign adopting an older cat too.
Thank you! Yes, lynx tips are my fave part of Maine *****! And yes, adopting Bodhi was the BEST decision I've ever made. He is a very special, wonderful cat... i believe we were meant to be together! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What beautiful kitties! I've never owned a longhair, but every time I see one, I am filled with awe and joy :}

If you use a mild cat shampoo, it is possible - and NOT dangerous - to bathe oily cats ;} My elderly fuzzball is 1/2 outdoors cat, and she gets incredibly filthy and has an oily coat. I bathe her every 2 weeks, and although it's a bit traumatic for her at the time, she spends less time trying to lick off all her fur. ;}

Thank you for your sweet compliments. I do love long-haired cats. They feel very different to pet versus a short-hair. My sis has a short-hair tabby and her fur is very soft, but it just feels different! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts