Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

Well my hubby is the best!! I had been talking to him this morning about how much I wanted Mistletoe to have a friend. She's currently 10 months old and I didn't want to wait until she was older. I figured she's still young now so it's going to be much easier.
We went to visit his grandmother today. She lives down the street from the local shelter. When we left he originally turned in the opposite direction of the shelter and then turned around. He said so do you want to go and see if they have any kittens. Of course I said yes. The whole time, he kept telling me that there was no guarantee that we were taking one home. Well they didn't have any kittens. So then he said well do you want to go to another shelter and of course I said yes again. So off we went to STerling Animal shelter. We played with lots of kittens there. We wanted a boy but they only had 2 boys. One was too fluffy for Andy and the other one was too crazy. We finally were stuck between two of them. A chocolate colored kitten which by the way was a very very odd color. And this cute black one. I'm not one for black cats but she was soooo sweet. She just lays in your arms. She let me cradle her like a baby. so needless to say, she came home with us. We set her up with a suite in the bathroom until she settles in and then we'll work on slow intro's with Mistletoe.

But first I have to show a cute picture of Mistletoe. I have an extra bottom to a Martin's cage at the moment in my living room. She LOVES to sleep in it. I have no idea why. And that yellow chick in the picture is her favorite toy. She TALKS to it. It is the cutest thing. It has holes in and the stuffing is falling out but I'm afraid to throw it out since it's her favorite toy.

And here's the new kitty!!! Isn't she adorable! Unfortunately we haven't come up with any names yet :p

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congratulations on your new kitty! I wish my fiance was that open to getting another one lol, he seems to be leaning towards my way of thinking though. What a cute little fluffball kitten!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, that's a cute little tuft of white on her chest.

Trust me it took a LOT for my hubby to agree to another kitty. He really had to do some soul searching.

I am not allowed any more animals for a long time. Which is fine because I"m in vet school and I start rotations next spring so I won't have time to add another cutie to our family before then. I have lot sof time right now to socialize a little kitten so I felt now was the right time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
what kind of cat is mistletoe?
shes soooo pretty...
she looks so much like my shadow....
shadow was a rescue kitty, her previous owner was an elderly woman that died....
ive been unable to figure out what sort of kitty she is...

mistletoe's manners sound ALOT like shadow...
(shadow has 1 favorite wool mousey.... im afriad that if it ever gets lost or ruined she will be heartbroken forever!! they dont seem to sell them at the pet store anymore... im going to have to do a search online...)

the new kitty is a cutie pie ... ive always wanted a black cat...

be careful tho.. because we all know what comes after 2 kitties.....
3 kitties!!!!

(i swore that 2 was enuff.... but after a year.. i just HAD to get another..)
now 3 is definatly enuff... (but who knows what will happen in another year :shock: )

[hyp]

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
They're both so cute! I'm very happy myself that my bf got me to get 2 when we first adopted our 2 cats...I just wanted one but silly me, what did I know :?:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Mistletoe is beautiful and your new kitten is so cute! Of course I have a soft spot for black cats! :wink:

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Congratulations on your sweet new kitty! Your hubby is the best
Keep us updated on the intros with Mistletoe, and your choice of name!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Congrats!

Congratulations on your new kitty!! He is adorable . . .I love black kitties!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts