Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On 6 February 2010, my other half and I adopted Tutu the Cat from the Dakin Adoption Center in Leverette, MA. Tutu was about 6-8 years old and was found as a stray, but we think she used to be with humans because she is utterly loving to the point of being smothering!

When we were at the shelter, no other cat paid any attention to us. Tutu, however, squeaked her little butt off and tried to grasp at us from behind the kennel bars. She wanted us at first sight. No one wanted her, though. She had a diseased tooth that needed pulling and she was not a kitten. Poor Tutu! (Why they named her that, I never asked, but we think it's because she TOOTS (squeaks) all the time!)

The moment we got home, she was so happy that her tail was twitching! She seemed to bond with us instantly. She doesn't really meow, she chrrrrps or squeaks, and is very small for a full-grown cat.

She is a Torbie - a tortoise shell and orange tabby mix. She has beautiful green-gold eyes, huge ears, a tiny triangular face, a short tail, and petite little feet.

It breaks our hearts not knowing how she became a stray - because she's so loving, it couldn't have possible been on purpose! She's very jumpy, though, and every time we pet her, she chrrps acknowledgement and jumps a little, so we think some people may not have been very nice to her or something. :(

Oh well. Nothing but a princess life from now on!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Tutu is a lovely tortie girl. I like her name, too. I have one tortie, Buffy, who also has a petite frame like your Tutu.
I really believe that torties have distinct personalities!

·
Registered
979 Posts
What a beauty! I love her big ears and that black blotch on her chest.

I didn't even know what torbies were until I brought Io home and the people here told me what her pattern was. Tutu's a bit less stripey then mine, but her green eyes... I'm in love.

(But not with her name. Tutu? Really? Sometimes I think the shelters/rescues are just having a bad day)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TUTU! haha. I know. It's weird.

But I found out later that "toutou" in French means "puppy" and she sometimes completely acts like a dog.

I didn't bother changing it. And I swear, she doesn't own any tutus!

·
Registered
473 Posts
French for "puppy". I am sure you will find a nickname that fits as well. She has such a beautiful face; and love those triangular ears. Wishing you a long and happy life with your new catlove.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts