Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nora is approximately 9 months old. We rescued her on Thanksgiving day when my wife and I came home from my parents. She was just sitting by our door step. Turns out there is an agency that captures all the stray cats, fixes them, then clips their ears to tag them (as you can see in photos). Then they release them in neighborhoods. We gladly took her in.

She was very scared naturally. She's afraid of hands. When we pet her she puts her head down thinking we were going to strike her so we wonder if she was abused. But now she has warmed up and can't get enough of sitting on our laps and getting a good pet.

We have since seen another cat that looks just like her has its tail always up in the air like Nora does in the area so we are thinking its her sibling. I thought it was Nora and she had gotten out but didn't have a collar on. We are trying to reunite them if possible :)

Pictures are from December '04 so she's obviously grown a little.

·
Registered
397 Posts
That is ADORABLE and good luck on catching the other one. I would leave tuna out everyday if it were me.

How odd I've never heard of a place that does a service like that and clips their ears. :p

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
I think this group capture ferals and nueter them and then clip their ears to let others know he has been fixed. The marking on Nora are beautiful. What a lovely gift waiting for you on your door step!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Absolutely precious. It's wonderful to be a part of a board that cares about ferals. A few of my babies were feral and/or abused before they came to live with me... it is heart breaking. I applaud you for giving these cats a better life, and sympathize because I know it is not always easy!

I have heard that many feral colonies crop an ear tip when the cat is under anesthetic for the spay/neuter so that they can tell at a glance if a cat they trap has already been sterilized. It can be pretty tough (and stressful - for the handler as well as the cat!) to wrestle a feral into the vet only to find that it has already been treated.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nora is a beautiful kitty! I think that it is great that you took her in and would possibly take another! So the place where you reside picks up strays, spays and neuters and then releases them? That is a good program. At least they aren't multiplying and aren't being euthanized. Maybe I should move there!

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Nora is a real beauty, love her markings and she looks kinda tubby.

I'm glad they neuter and release that is really a great program but I understand the ear clipping part, b/c at one glance you can tell if they have been operated on already :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the kind comments everyone :) Nora appreciates them!

She's got a beautiful coat and its extremely soft.

·
Registered
674 Posts
She is such a cutie. She looks round and pudgy when she was younger. Now she looks like she would be very soft and thick.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She actually isn't pudgy - I think it's the way she was sitting. She has a great porportion. Nice medium build.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts