Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 weeks, day after I found her

Few days later (these were supposed to be the pics for her adoption poster :lol: )

A few weeks later, exploring the yard with the dogs

Mid-June

L-R: Joe, Casey, Phoenix, Annie

Few days later

She got on this skateboard herself... my nephew thought it was the coolest thing ever :)

Most recent batch, we had a tent set up in our backyard over 4th of July weekend (still there actually, my nephews seem to enjoy doing the great outdoors thing :lol: ), and I copied these from the APBT forum I'm on, hence the goofy captions (not really planning a guard kitten kennel, and no kittens or weiner dogs were harmed in the making of these photos :wink: )

Over the holiday weekend, we discovered that the tent made an excellent kitten playpen/arena for kitten/weiner dog fights

Phoenix eyeing her opponent

And it's on

The kitten retreats, while Annie looks on hungrily

Intermission while P notices the all seeing eye of the camera

And comes in for a closer look

During this break, the kitten also stretches, limbering her tiny muscles for the next round

And practices making scary kitten faces with which to frighten the fearsome weiner dog away

Then, the face off!

Unfortunately, this bad kitten is also a manbiter... note the redirection of aggression from the weiner dog to the handler lol

I'm thinking that maybe this particular bad kitten may be more naturally suited for guard kitten work.... In fact, I'm developing my line of guard kittens as we speak :)

Outside of the tent, the bad kitten is an adept guardian, queen of all she surveys

Capable of great stealth

And great intimidation

Building inspection and maintenance is an added bonus of this kitten

Though we do not recommend you rely solely on the bad kitten for this aspect of home protection

Intruders will be stalked down

Without even being aware of the danger that lurks

At present time, this kitten is still in the development stage, but look out in the near future!

Also found one of Badger, I'll have to find some others

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Oh goodness, that is just way to much cuteness for me! I could never pick a favorite picture out of that bunch! Simply adorable!

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
That Kitten is the best looking kitten! I loooooved all the pictures. Black and whites kitties are the best! Your kitten barely looked 6 weeks! She such a tiny snuggle bug.

what a great photo! How did you ever get them to pose for this!!!

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
Wow! You have such a cute fur-family and so many incredible pictures. So many of those are classics, suitable for framing bigtime! I think my absolute favorite is the one with the wiener dog (sorry, don't know his name) in the background and the kitty in the foreground, both looking forward toward the camera. But wow, what a great collection.

·
Premium Member
9,136 Posts
This one cracks me up.
Usually its the dog that has its paw on the ball, keeping possesion.
Way cute.

Those white whiskers are to die for.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Oh you lucky, lucky person. What a wonder you have! What an extraordinary personality! You must be a remarkable person, to have such a friend.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everybody :)

I have more to share if I can ever get around to editing and uploading them, though I love the interaction between P and the dogs/kids best, she's so much fun to watch.

The group pic was no easy task... the dogs are pretty used to staying where I put them, and Annie the dachshund actually has quite a bit of obedience training under her collar, so I decided I'd use her as sort of a kitten anchor. She held her stay the first time P jumped over her, and as I replaced P and took the pic... immediately after, P jumped again, and Annie sat up, releasing her, then laid right back down and resumed her attentive gaze like nothing had even happened :oops: Next time I'll use a bigger dog, more weight :wink: .

Annie is surprisingly tolerant of kittens, considering that she's notorious for chasing just about any smallish animal if allowed, and has dispatched more than her fair share of small critters outside that I didn't see in time to call her off. I call her my kitten boot camp dog, as she tolerates a lot, but yet will fairly put a baby in their place when they step too far over the line (hard biting). When I first introduced her to Phoenix, she was too rough, I think probably remembering the last foster kitten we had, who was bigger and tougher... I had to convince her that P was not up for being bowled over and chased and ruffled up, she spent a lot of time in a downstay around P and I think I said easy and "baby" about 90 million times... now a days P gives her a run for her money, and I spend just as much time correcting P for trying to pull off Annie's eyelid as I do Annie for trying to mow P down into the ground :lol: . Every evening I let both out to run the house, and they tear through the house, taking turns chasing each other. Eventually they tire out and either both climb up on me, both share Haley's big bed by my chair, or one takes one and one the other... it is nice to see them enjoying each others' company :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Awesome pics! But my favorite one is the group picture.

I can tell this is going to be one spoiled rotten baby.

It's so great to be around others who love their kitties and take such good care of them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mitts & Tess said:
This one cracks me up.
Usually its the dog that has its paw on the ball, keeping possesion.
Way cute.

Those white whiskers are to die for.

I agree, that is about the cutest picture I have ever seen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts