Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we did it. We went back to the SPCA and we found another puurfect rescue! She's a black DMH, roughly the same age as Samantha. We've named her Rochelle, Shelly for short. :)

We've been thinking about getting Samantha a companion because of how social she is (and I think my boyfriend wanted his own kitty because he's jealous Sammy likes me better! XD). We had met this beauty back when we adopted Sammy, and (surprisingly!) no one had taken her home yet. She has the sweetest, calmest, most loving personality. I feel so lucky she was still there for us to bring home!

So far, she's doing really well in the bathroom. Both Sammy and Shelly know that something's going on on the other side of the door, and they've both been very curious, even meowing at each other a bit. :)

On to the pics!

Sitting pretty!

Her new best friend, the scratching mat. She took to this immediately.

"Oh hello there!" Shelly leaving the closet to say hi.

Please excuse the toilet, I just adore this pic of her!

·
Super Moderator
26,394 Posts
Black cats are extra special! She's gorgeous! :luv

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all! <3

marie - I have always ALWAYS wanted a black cat...they are all just strikingly beautiful to me. Not to mention, Halloween is my favorite holiday, so I kinda needed one. :p

So far, things are going really well between Shelly and Sammy. They've both been very curious about the door, pawing underneath and meowing, and they are very interested in each others scents (on toys and things). There's been a bit of purring, and both are continuing to eat and go about their daily lives really well.

Shelly is my playful cat! Sammy just isn't interested in toys (unless it's an ice cube or a plastic ring XD), but Shelly just LOVES Da Bird, lazer pointers, and balls...we had so much fun playing last night!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wanted to share a few newer pics of Shelly, now that she's out and roaming the house the majority of the time. :)

THE CAT CAVE!

Prepping for bed.

"Hello there!"

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Ohhhh, what a beauty she is. The more pictures I see of black cats, the more sleek and beautiful they seem. Just gorgeous. I'm glad to hear they're getting along at this point!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts