Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally found that pesky camera cable, so now I can show off my baby. :)

Samantha is a rescue from the SPCA, and she's been with my boyfriend and I for about two weeks now. Having never owned a cat, only dogs, I was expecting a more, "I am cat. I do what I want when I want.", attitude from her. Was I ever wrong. She's one of the sweetest animals I've ever met, always wanting to be in your lap, following us around the house like a shadow, and having "conversations" with us (she's incredibly vocal!). When the boyfriend and I sit down on the couch to watch TV, she jumps in right between us and maneuvers herself so that a part of her body is touching each of ours (purring loudly the whole time of course!). She loves having her chin scratched, and she will flip over onto her back completely for belly and leg rubs. We just love her!

Anyways on to the pictures...hope you enjoy!

Sammy and her $5.00 pet bed, which was supposed to be temporary, but she LOVES it. She's a pretty cheap kitty...her favorite toys are ice cubes! :roll:

Sammy up-close and lounging.

"Hey Mommy, if I look real cute do you think I could get seconds on dinner?"

The Sammy smile! :)

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
Awww, what a cutie! I love your description of her. I know what you mean about misconceptions before getting your first cat. I thought they were aloof and uninvolved too, until I got one finally and realized they're practically Velcro. They're really not aloof at all. They may want to get away and sleep somewhere sometimes, but who doesn't?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gizmo - Thanks! The black nose and green eyes got me too. She's just so expressive!

October - Thanks for the kind reply. I can definitely say that owning a cat has really opened my eyes to how social and loving they can really be. I actually just got home and she greeted me at the door with a big "meow!" and is now happily curled up in my lap purring. I couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I agree - the green eyes and the black nose make her adorable! How old is she?
Thanks antigone! The shelter said she's just over a year, but my vet said she might be a little older than that. Sammy's having a full dental cleaning and some bloodwork done in October to make sure she's healthy, and they said they could possibly narrow it down a bit from there. She weighs about 10 lbs.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the nice comments! I'll be sure to pass them on to Sammy (like she doesn't get told that she's cute enough around home as it is, ha!).

Sooo cute! She doesn't look very happy in pic #1 though. She is kind of doing "weird ears" as if she is annoyed.

a cat?? annoyed??? noooo.... can't be :)
Haha, yeah...she likes to ruin pictures for me by giving me the "annoyed look", moving, or putting her butt in my face just as I snap the picture. :roll:

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys! :)

My boyfriend took this adorable picture of Samantha sleeping in my lap, and I just had to share.

·
Registered
57 Posts
She looks gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks all for the lovely comments about my baby!

I just love that pic where her tail looks extra long...trick of the camera I suppose. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts