Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My handsome tripod

He was so scared and timid when we first brought him home, now look at him snuggled in his favorite nap spot!

Here you can see he's definitely a tripod

·
Registered
145 Posts
MowMow,
He apparently fell from a tree. A volunteer from TVAR (Tri Valley Animal Rescue, in Pleasanton, CA) and her neighbors went looking when they heard him scream. They didn't find him that night, but he showed up on her doorstep the next morning. She took him to a vet. The leg was so badly broken it couldn't be saved. Their Cinderella Fund paid the vet. I lucked out and adopted him. He was considered 'special needs' because of the leg. TVAR felt he needed to be an indoor only cat and he was so scared of people. He still hides under the nearest sofa, bed, table when the doorbell rings or the gardeners come around with those noisy leaf blowers. The rest of the time he's out and about. We have a small cat-escape-proof yard and he's allowed out there.

He is very fast in spite of having only three legs. Dat Kitty can MOVE!

Fran,
My sister and I call that upside-down look 'the cute routine' somehow he knows if he does that he will get petted. My other cats have done that also
Patty

·
Registered
176 Posts
He's absolutely beautiful! I can easily see how people could fall in love with Russian Blues (that's what he is I believe?) :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. He's your basic AAC-American Ally Cat, with a fair chunk of Russian Blue. I believe a true Russian Blue is all gray, there's a white spot near the stump
I love him anyway
Patty

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I have a grey cat too and I love him just as much :) Your buddy is adorable.

It's amazing how cats can adapt to having only three legs. We have two cats at the shelter right now with missing back legs as well and they both seem in very good spirits. I'm not sure what happened to them. The shelter is being VERY particular about finding the perfect home for them, which is great, but it means they've been there for a while :(

Years ago there was a woman on the cat forum with a brown tabby cat with a missing front leg. That cat was awesome, she had us all in love with him :p I think she rescued him from a storm drain when he was a teeny little guy.

We can learn a thing or two from cats I think! Their adaptability is absolutely incredible.

Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
316 Posts
What a handsome guy! And he looks like a slightly stockier version of my Ariel :2love (albeit missing a leg and with a white patch). :lol: He definitely seems to have some Russian Blue in him, that plush coat is looks about right. (Isn't his coat the softest thing you ever felt? Of course, as a mix he might not have the same amount of silkiness in his coat as others, but I swear sometimes Ariel feels more like a rabbit then a cat!)

I have the feeling that he lives up to the swagger that is in his name. :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think he's forgotten he ever had four legs!
He loves to be brushed. I don't know if it's the brushing or the Russian.Blue but he has the softest fur!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts