Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! This was Soda, and I sadly speak in the past tense as he passed away a few years ago. In our years he was a happy 10 years old! He was very energetic but enjoyed his privacy. He almost never meowed unless it was to come inside a room and he did figure out how to open some doors. He loved sitting by your side and being petted as well. I miss him a lot and loved him so much but I never knew what kind of cat he was. It’s been a few years and I wanna get another cat but I want one like him. Think we can figure this out together guys? Thanks for all the help in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,174 Posts
You'd be surprised at how many cats are dropped off at shelters because they weren't the same as their previous cat. I know certain breeds supposedly have specific traits, but that's no guarantee, either. Soda does look like a Russian Blue mix. Ragdoll cats also have a reputation for being very gentle and loving.

Google "cat breed selector" and you'll get a ton of sites with questionnaires about the cat, your lifestyle, etc.

Reactions: DoTelemachus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd be surprised at how many cats are dropped off at shelters because they weren't the same as their previous cat. I know certain breeds supposedly have specific traits, but that's no guarantee, either. Soda does look like a Russian Blue mix. Ragdoll cats also have a reputation for being very gentle and loving.

Google "cat breed selector" and you'll get a ton of sites with questionnaires about the cat, your lifestyle, etc.
Thanks I appreciate it! If I do go get another cat soon I definitely am not the type to take it to the shelter if it’s not the same. I’m just looking cause that’s my preference but I do love basically all cats. 😊

1 - 4 of 4 Posts