Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to see if there are other ways to post pictures. I'm giving it a try.
Here is the whole family munching on their favorite treat -- outside grass.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, my cats love outside grass. My husband has a spot in the garden where he lets the grass grow. When he brings it in they all go crazy for about 1/2 hr., then they just go back to it occassionally. The only thing I can think of about the outside grass not being good, is they will probably pick up insects and eat them too. Just remember, all outside cats will eat grass, so we just brought in outside into them.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Their fur looks so nice and their colours are great! And they're huge! :lol: That's a funny picture. My cat is outdoors/indoors and he eats grass too, I haven't seen him do it in a while but I'm sure I have seen it sometime. Specially when I first started to let him go out, that's the first thing he'd do.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lazio said:
last time I checked cats were carnivores 8O
They are, but many cats like to chew on grass. Bailey loves it!
It also helps them with hairballs, if your cats have a hairball problem. And it can help clean their teeth.

There's absolutely no harm in giving your cats grass as long as it hasn't been sprayed with pesticides or other chemicals :)

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
They're carnivores, but cats will sometimes munch on fruits, veggies and grasses. Not unusual at all, and it doesn't hurt them, so long as they're getting proper nutrition from their animal-based goodies. (In fact, if you look at the labels of any cat food - particularly the premiums - you'll find an array of plant life. Blueberries is a popular contribution to cat foods, it seems.)

Very cute kitties! I should consider making a little patch of grass in here for my girls one of these days. They'd adore it.

Lisa

1 - 9 of 9 Posts