Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
16 Posts
I have owned cats for 40 years (my has it been that long?....) and I have had 2 Persians and 2 Himalayan over the years. I currently have a new addition. He is a seal lynx point Himalayan and he will be 7 months old on the 28th of Jan. He likes water and is easy to bathe. He just got neutered and has finally healed (he had one testicle that was not descended and has a 2 inch incision) so I can give him his second bath since coming. Before he even got his first bath he had started scratching. The vet saw no fleas (neither have I) and the skin looks fine. He has scratched the fur off almost completely in one spot. He has also pulled the fur off of the insides of his legs. I have never encountered this. he is a very playful kitten and seems well adjusted now that he has been here 3 months.

·
Banned
16 Posts
I am finally able to post. Now to see if anybody looks at my posts....being new and a free member I will refrain from posting too much. I posted photos here and in Rainbow Bridge and asked a question. Now i am done.

·
Banned
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have figured out why he is scratching. He may be lactose intollerant. The breeder had sent some powdered milk from Breeders Edge that I was giving him 1 tablespoon mixed with 3 tablespoons warm water once a day. I have stopped that for almost a week now. He really slowed down with the scratching. Then I picked up some RC Beef & Cheese dinner can food. He started scratching again. I am now off the can food for 2 days and he is slowing down scratching again. I hope this is figured out now. I won't ask any more questions here. Nobody tried to answer my question. The breeder and vet were more help. I came here looking for some answers.

Thanks for letting me post my photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts