Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

this little lady was rescued on valentines day and I am going to be adopting her! they think she's 9--12 months but she's just very petite. I think she's a beauty!:luv I'm going to start fostering for this rescue too and I'm excited! I've never been a foster so I may have a lot of questions! I don't think I'm going to change her name, she looks like a valentine to me.

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
What a beautiful girl! love her name. Welcome to the forum and to fostering. How exciting! Ask any questions you may have, this forum has a lot of nice, knowledgable people.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Oh, Valentine is such a sweet name for a very pretty kitty! She does look small, but still a kitten! I love calicos, btw! :)

Good luck with fostering, it sure sounds exciting!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Congratulations on becoming Valentine's new forever home. Total admiration for doing the fostering, I would be hopeless at it. I would never be able to give then back and get too emotional about sad situations.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a beautiful cat. When are you bringing her home?
hopefully Tuesday. one of the rescues I was looking at had a gorgeous purebred ragdoll 2 y/o female but they wouldn't let me adopt her because she has to be the only cat. not sure why but someone is going to get a beauty!

·
Premium Member
7,843 Posts
I foster kittens (for the most part!, I tend to adopted the seniors I foster so try to avoid them). I'd be happy to help. Little baby Valentine is adorable! I can see why you were smitten with her! What a doll. LOVE that little black dot on her nose!, SO kissable.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
What a gorgeous calico, her markings are so distinct and rich in color, and what a marvellous sweet alert expression. Just darling! and Valentine she IS! If you're interested in showing in a cat show (Household Pet class---cat doesn't have to be a purebred registered cat), I think she would do very well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
What a gorgeous little calico! Congratulations!

·
Registered
305 Posts
What a gorgeous calico, her markings are so distinct and rich in color, and what a marvellous sweet alert expression. Just darling! and Valentine she IS! If you're interested in showing in a cat show (Household Pet class---cat doesn't have to be a purebred registered cat), I think she would do very well.
thank you but I don't know the first thing about cat shows! I watched a few on youtube but they all looked purebred?
her foster said she was eaten up with fleas and had scratched herself raw. her coat is thin in places because of it so I've got to get her healthy first. this kitty was living in someone's house (part of the time) but they didn't take care of her so a neighbor asked if she could put her in this rescue so they gave her up. I can't imagine living in a flea infested house?? aren't the humans getting bit too? yuk!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
she's here now and she is a very confident little lady with a lot of swagger, lol. she wasn't about to let my 2 boys bully her. she let them know right off she would be the queen even though she is 1/2 their size. a little growling and hissing, mainly from her but so far it's going better than I expected. she checked out the whole house top to bottom and didn't run away from my 15 month old granddaughter. she's sleeping in the bed I bought her today and she likes all the toys I got for her. she wolfed down a whole can of food so even though she's a bit scrawny now and her coat and skin isn't in very good shape, I think that will clear up soon. she is supposedly about 8-9 months but she is the size of a 4 month old kitten. i'll have more pictures soon!:D

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
more pictures! I have videos but idk how to post them? she look a lot bigger in photos than she really is. poor thing is so scrawny I can feel all her bones but we will fix that! she has a great appetite!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

she was spayed a few days ago and she has this swelling on her belly. does this look normal?

she acts normal and doesn't seem to be in any pain but it's been many years since I had a female cat..

ok, enough pictures! proud new mama here lol...

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Ella,
As far as I can tell, from the photos, I think she's OK!
Just keep an eye on the incision, for any pulling apart of it, any signs of possible infection, etc....
If she starts acting differently, then a vet check would be good!
Hopefully some of our other members who foster a lot, and deal with the spaying, will chime in here!
She's sure a pretty girl!
Sharon

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
I don't have a clue about the swelling, but I LOOOOVE her bi-colored toes! :luv

Can't believe she was in such a terrible environment before...flea infested? Ugh!!:x
You know...maybe it's a bit too late that she's been all over your house, but I'd be worried she could have some internal parasites that could also cause swelling in her abdomen...do you know if she was dewormed and vetted before you took her home?

·
Premium Member
7,093 Posts
Oh my goodness, she is just darling!!

You can tell how small she is in some of the pics - the one of her and your granddaughter (I assume that's her?), the one where she's eating, and the one where she's on the back of the couch.

Soooo cute! :luv

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.