Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boyfriend and I went and got our kitten yesterday and we've decided to name him Wallace. When we started talking to the breeder I knew that he was a Highland Lynx mix but we found out more when we got him, he is a F1 elf cat so he's mixed with Sphinx and Highland Lynx. I love the ears and his eyes are stunning.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Well he's certainly a darling, but I went to elfcats.com and he looks nothing them, which is a good thing as I think they're hideous.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :] And yeah... they aren't that attractive at all, lol. I guess he still has fur because he's an F1. I'm not the most knowledgeable person about this but I did some searching before we picked him up and found a few pictures and pages with F1s that look much less like Sphynx cats. His ears are also curled like a lynx but its a little more subtle and almost unseeable in the pictures.

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
Hope I didn't offend you, your cat is a cute little guy.
Now I'm a life long Lord of the Rings fan and on the elf cat sites the breeders have named their catteries after some of the high elf houses from the LOTR, in spite of the movies Tolkien's elves didn't have pointed ears and it's just my opinion but those hairless cats look more like Gollum then they do elves, I can just picture them hissing, my precious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hope I didn't offend you, your cat is a cute little guy.
Now I'm a life long Lord of the Rings fan and on the elf cat sites the breeders have named their catteries after some of the high elf houses from the LOTR, in spite of the movies Tolkien's elves didn't have pointed ears and it's just my opinion but those hairless cats look more like Gollum then they do elves, I can just picture them hissing, my precious.
hahahahaha My Presssciousssssss! I can definitely see that, they're very Gollum-y. If I were to picture an elf I think it would look nothing like those cats. Sphynx are really cool but I don't find them pretty ._. And no, I'm not offended in the least. It's definitely something that I had looked into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts