Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like we will be calling him Bandit or Bandito because of his mask.

I've named him Skippyjon Jones after a Siamese-kitten character in a children's book series. Skippyjon has huge ears and calls himself a Chihuahua named Skippito Friskito. I think Skippyjon Jones(SJJ) will be his name but we'll call him the bandit.

There is a Skippyjon Jones song in each book, he sings it a little different each time to reflect the subject.
This is from the first book:

My name is Skippito Friskito. *clap*clap*
I fear not a single bandito. *clap*clap*
My manners are mellow,
I'm sweet like the Jell-o,
I get the job done, yes indeed-o. *clap*clap*

Check out the herringbone-like pattern of fur on his back!

SJJ and Floof hanging-out near each other, doing their best to act oh-so-casual.

We cannot rinse anything in the sink w/out him butting in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i LOVE the skippyjon jones books! i was working at a book store when the first one came out. our manager was in the back receiving boxes, when she suddenly came running up and made us all gather around while she read it to us. by the time she was done with the book, we had four employees and a half a dozen customers standing in a circle giggling like a bunch of four year olds! it was one of the very first books i bought when we started trying to get pregnant, and is one of my daughter's favorites.

your sjj is beautiful, and i hope he lives up to his mischievous and fun namesake!

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, he certainly is bouncey! :lol:

I saw the book at a book-fair at the first of the month, before I even suspected I would be getting a Meezer. I was a children's librarian in California before we moved and I still keep an eye out for the Best New Children's Books and the Best New Young Adult Books every year. My sister (in California) is the librarian at the little K-8 school we attended as children and when I emailed her about the book she called me back to tell me Skippyjon was a favorite throughout all grades at the school and she even sang me one of his 'songs', she knew his stories so well.

·
Registered
206 Posts
What a sweet little meezer. My kitties (and my daughter lol) are all obsessed with the sink and water as well. However, we do not like getting anything other than our faces and our paws wet.

After reading this thread, I HAD to run out and buy some of the Skippyjon Jones books! They're for my daughter, ahem.

·
Registered
12,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are pardoned. I went to the Library and have checked out the original Skippyjon Jones, Mummy Trouble, Big Bones, Lost in Spice, Color Crazy and 1-2-3. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts