·
Premium Member
28,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this pm from Krystal (Jon'sgirl):

To: Jeanie
Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:01 pm
Subject: Suggestion!
How bout a sticky for the Lounge entitled "Lounge Etiquette"?? LOL. I swear, the amount of thread derailings in there are putting Amtrak to shame. hehe.

Seriously though, I was just discussing it with another member, some people may not know how to discuss matters like grown-ups instead of contributing to a locked thread. Maybe if yall gave hints on how to disagree nicely or what kind of topics could cause these kinds of arguments, it might help some of the more inexperienced posters. ........................

I agree with her. Any other opinions?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I have come to the conclusion that having an off-topic section in a forum can be a challenge. Everybody has topics that push their buttons. People who can remain perfectly delightful discussing cats can get easily upset by certain subjects in the lounge.
But.
If a person cannot post on a topic without attacking, being rude, whatever, they should bypass the topic.
I remember reading long ago somewhere a statement on posting anything online. If you come across something that personally upsets you, rather than immediately post an angry comeback, leave and even turn off the computer for an hour. Then go back to the thread. Chances are, your response will be calmer, more rational and less likely to cause more trouble.
Another good rule is, if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, don't post it online.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts