Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I believe majority on this forum are ladies. I'm a guy. Are here more men on this forum? Just curious.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Yup. Some, but not a lot--quality, not quantity. NRD used to stand for New Rescue Dad, but since that was a year ago, I'm not so new any more. Lucky you, Vancouver area is one of my favorite places in the world. Oh, and I also have four cats--meant to get two but overshot the runway.

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Totally off-topic: You live in the same area as me! A few friends of mine live in Surrey... in fact I'm going to visit them tomorrow. :D

Anyway, there's not a lot of men around here. I don't know why, but it seems wherever you look, women are the ones to take over anything cat related.

PS: I might come and steal your cat.

·
Registered
152 Posts
There are a few men in the forums, however, we're mostly women.
But, I assure you, we're not "Old Cat Ladies".. yet!

=P hahah.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I am proud to be a "crazy (old) cat lady"!

Okay, 32 isn't really old... though with my many health problems, I feel more like 82 most days! LOL

And I only have 2 cats, but there's no mention of numbers in the title, now is there? HA! I do meet the "crazy" part, though... too poor to be 'eccentric' LOL

I volunteer at a cat sanctuary for a rescue group, and last count there were 48 (though I think I missed a couple). Considering that I am a supervisor, and there 3+ days a week... I sort of consider them as "mine".
(After finishing quarantine, if they're okay and pass health inspection, 2 will be adopted this month! Guy already paid the adoption fee and everything! (just before we found out they might have calicivirus :? ))

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Yar, I'm a female, in case you guys haven't figured that out yet, hehe. :p I'll be the big 30 at the end of May. Sometimes I feel like a crazy old cat lady...but at least I'm proud of it!

·
Registered
6,953 Posts
For whatever it's worth, my husband is a cat guy and was the one who influenced me to get my first cat ever 5 years ago. So they're out there, for sure.

·
Premium Member
782 Posts
old cat guy here, turned the half century mark last summer(on a friday the 13th) the only time I haven't been owned by a cat was the 8 years spent driving boats in the coast guard...my father always claimed he didn't like cat when I was growing up, but we had one anys ways, now there are 3 cats inside at my parents house plus the outdoor cats(thats where the polydactyls are coming from)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I guess I'm a cat guy too, but really more of an animal guy. I live in an area where every house has some acreage even though it is close to the Twin Cities. We have a deer herd of about 30, several foxes, ducks, birds, squirrels, and the resident wild cat, who is presently, Midnight. The first wild cat we fed showed up about 30 years ago, hunting (and eating) voles under a bird feeder in the below zero snow. Then we had BonJovi (named by my granddaughter) who I fed under the porch for 8 years and he never let me touch him. We raised a wolf in the 70's (a whole 'nother story). So it's kind of about animals. We feed corn to the deer, ducks and other ground animals, dog food to the foxes, and sunflower seeds to the birds. Midnight - Well he is just spoiled beyond belief. :p I have all this time because I'm also an old retired guy. :wink

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Well I'm cat lady for sure. We get around it by saying that two of the kitties are mine, and two are my bfs, lol. Even though all our friends know who does all the mommy-ing.

I'm 23. And Jitzu is 6 1/2, Torri is 3 1/2, and the boys are 2 1/2.

·
Registered
469 Posts
We are close to age librarychick! I am female (I have no doubt my wordiness has given that away lol) and 22. My husband is a guy that is a cat person, but you are probably more likely to find him posting in a videogame forum then here :p

·
Registered
273 Posts
cat loving guy here.

i must say that i am glad there is a strong contingent of men here, it makes me realize that i am not alone.

·
Registered
273 Posts
cat lady....have always had at least one cat in my life, now 4 plus fosters (but only one at a time now - sometimes would have up to 3).
I'm ummmmmm 52.
reading the ages on the posts I feel ANCIENT

that is exactly why i did not post my age:p

all these daggum youngins!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thought I'd jump in!

Girl, obviously, and I just turned 16. So I definitely feel like the kid who wandered over to the adult table. :p

1 - 20 of 78 Posts