Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For example my kitten's Mucchina hairs are coloured like a cow, and she is small, so Mucchina is like litte-cow/cowy... or Japanese names, for example a white cat can be named Akuro(without black)
Have your cat's name a meaning?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Prince = he turned from a lonely, sad, hungry stray to my first son at old age, so he's the most pampered thing in this world - both material things and love and attention. It was only natural to call him Prince.

Princess = same thing, came natural after Prince.

My regular patron strays have names that naturally stuck to them due to some prominent physical or personality trait.

Hildegaard von (my neighborhood), aka Hilda (reminds me of my aunt Hilda sooo much, the expressions on her face and her commentary of everything that happens).
Queen Mother - she's the colony queen (the one that's always sitting there, silently, observing that the colony cats eat first and enough or she chases the newcomers away).
Bianca = "white" in Italian.
Gordi = "fattish" in Spanish (the compulsive eater, she's fattish, bulimic and only cares about food, the yummier the better)
Grone = our slang for "*****" (switching the syllables), which in my continent means both "black" and "my beloved". He's totally black and I love him.
Autumn Crown - she has a beautiful orange and black fur around a white patch on top.
Autumn - must be her sister, without the white patch.
Bianca2 - must be Bianca's sister, she's Bianca's look-alike but has her tail rings more defined.
Butler - he has a grey vest over a white shirt.
Sir Cardigan - black cardigan over white shirt and behaves like a senior official.
And so on...

·
Super Moderator
26,812 Posts
Calibratz = Calico + brats

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, cool!
My turn...
Mucchina: she's hairs are colored like a cow, so, in Italian cow it's mucca, and she's little, so Mucchina
Nerino: the same story
Tigro: he's like a Tiger
Miao: he meows all the time.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Sorry. Forgot to mention that Squiggy and his buddy Lenny (the Greasers) were characters in the "old" TV SitCom "Laverne and Shirley". That ain't me :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts