Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found your forum searching for advice about semi-social/feral cats. We have 4 cats currently, although I am and have been a cat person my whole life. (I have 2 dogs also, please don't hate me, they all get along very well!) I am looking forward to telling everyone about my crazy cats and dogs and getting advice about my special boy!

·
Super Moderator
26,687 Posts
Welcome!

Looking forward to lots of stories and pictures. Of your cats and dogs! It's funny that people who join are sometimes cautious about mentioning their dogs, a lot of us LOVE dogs and have them! :grin:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone! I am still reading lots of posts and learning how to use the forum. We have Riley, boy, Snowshoe Siamese; Dixie, girl, Tortie Point Siamese, from Siamese Rescue, adopted as "teenagers". Riley 1st and he needed another cat, so Dixie came along. Dixie is very shy, she was never adopted at any function and it took a long time to win her trust. Riley is about 11 and Dixie is about 9 years old. We live in Houston and the spring and summer of 2008 we had a "neighborhood" cat have kittens in our backyard. The mother and two kittens vanished. We had two babies, old enough to eat from a dish, but still young left in our yard. I had to feed them, started trying to gentle them, and then a very sad little black kitten appeared for feeding. He was much smaller and looked very hungry. He was not in the original litter. During the summer I am feeding these guys and trying to get them socialized. Early fall is Hurricane Ike and the rest is history. We had to bring them in, Lucy, little girl is already tame, we caught Gizmo and CN (Chat Noir). Gizmo went to a good friend and he is happily homed. We still have Lucy and CN. I am going to post about CN in the feral section, I can't give up on him, but I have done just about everything wrong so far. Anybody who made it through all that, thanks for reading and I am looking forward to meeting and sharing with more cat people!

Joy (momto4cats)

·
Registered
3 Posts
WELCOME!

We, too, have kitties (6) and doggies (2)...Our kitties are all rescue kittes...and our dogs are German Shepherd rescues as well...

Lots of good information on this website!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts