Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been following this forum since I adopted my kitty, Coco, and finally signed on this morning.

I just want to say you're a great group of cat lovers. You've already helped me in more ways than I can say.

But enough about me - as soon as I figure out how to insert a photo, I'll include a pic of Coco. She's just over 4 months, black with a beautiful coat, a wacky meow and BIG claws.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Ok, maybe I'm just a rambling person but that's not enough about you... we want more!!! :D

No, honestly... it's great... just being my good ol' me.

WELCOME!!!!!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Hello there and welcome!
My mother-in-law named one of my foster kittens back in spring Red Rover - You are the second Red Rover I come accross :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the warm welcome

It's so nice to get a greeting on a forum, isn't it? Makes us instantly at home.

Coco and I have been up for awhile here in Seattle. We overlook Lake Union in the heart of the city and one of her favorite rituals is a run up to the rooftop deck. She's still so small she can't attempt a leap up the walls but I make sure I'm out there when she is, little Jungle Kitty, prancing among the flowers.

This morning she inspired the beginnings of a song:

I am Kitty
watch me pounce
on objects
too big to pronounce

(to the tune of "I am Woman" -- I like "I am Kitty" as a chorus)

She came into my life in early June. I had been looking for so long for a companion animal. My first and only cat was in childhood, and I was tremendously attached to him. After he died I just couldn't bring myself to adopt another animal -- now I wonder how I could have waited so long. Coco leapt directly into my heart when she came in the house. A friend from work had a litter from a feral mom who'd adopted her. She was smart: she brought Coco by for an 'introduction' but also had her carrying case, a blanket, vet documents and a bag of food. My brain was thinking "um, well, I don't know..." and my mouth said "I'll take her."

She spent the first day and night hiding under my armoire. Then she discovered a crawl space in my bookshelves I didn't know existed. It took a little coaxing to bring her out and about. Now, that's a distant memory. This is her lair and I believe I'm here as her feeder, petter and a pair of legs with which to play up and down the stairs. :D

She's currently conquering the living room, so I have to go pay homage. More later.
-Red

1 - 10 of 10 Posts