Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<<))
Okay George, my cat which we have only had for 2 months is 2 1/2 yrs old, meows as soon as the alarm goes off in the morning. This can be annoying for the person left in the bed still trying to sleep. He doesn't seem to be in any discomfort or anything. But he talks and talks. I think he wants attention, but I've heard you don't want to give in to this kind of behavior. All I wan tis him to be quiet in the morning. I need help. Any ideas???? :idea: :shock:

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Hehe at least he doesn't wake you up before your alarm. I know what you mean and you probably want to be snoozing but my cats do the same thing. When my alarm goes off sometimes, they start parading around on my belly and walking back and forth and if I move my legs looking like I'm getting off the bed, they start meowing so loud! They want to say Wake Up and Feed Me Now!! I'm sure you dont want this behavior to go on but maybe since your cat will be the alarm clock also, you can just set the alarm to the time you really will have to wake up, no snoozing for you! :p

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
He probably wants breakfast. Punky will just keep sleeping on me until my alarm goes off... then she's in my face meowing and licking because she just can't wait to eat. It's a good backup alarm clock. :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Getting him to stop depends on why he's being so vocal. Is he hungry or just bored after having no interaction for the night? If he's just wanting breakfast stock up his food bowl the night before. If he's wanting attention I would suggest making spending a little time with him in the morning a priority (before he starts crying) so he's getting what he needs and then ignoring his cries(hard to do). This will take a little time, but be patient and consistent.

·
Registered
181 Posts
He wants food, likely. Or he is annoyed/scared by your alarm. Or he's sad because he knows that sound means you'll soon leave home.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Ha, my cats do this every morning like clockwork - only about 10 minutes before the alarm goes off. At first it irritated me to be woken up before I needed to be, but then gradually I got used to it and now I almost look forward to it (well, most days). It's the time of day (for some reason) when they are most affectionate and receptive to affection, so I indulge them and spend some time petting while they crawl over my stomach and head. I just typically don't mind so much anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My cat Cougar also meows right before the alarm goes off. We believe he does it just for attention. The morning is his most loveable time. So it's either wake up and snuggle or get a cat tounge in the ear. After a few minutes of snuggles he is off doing his own thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts