Cat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Toto Meows quite alot when i bring her inside late in the arfternoon. I usually let her out most of the day, then bring her in for dinner and bed later in the afternoon, recently she keeps walking up and down the house meowing. It's quite anoying for myself and my partner, what is she wanting or needing so that i can settle the meows down ?

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
She's looking for something...you're just gonna have to figure out what that is. I would see if attention from me (petting or playing) would alleviate the meowing, or if she has a kitty-friend outside that she wants to come inside with her. I'm assuming she is fed/watered inside and has a litterbox and sleeping areas...I just don't know what else there could be?
Some of my cats like to "talk" and will meow. If I answer them back (sometimes I make the same meow back to them or I just talk and ask them questions) they meow with me for a while and then they're done talking.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Happend again tonight, she settles down eventually but for about an hour its non stop meowing, the other 2 cats just stare at her thinking what the **** is she doing ?

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
May I ask how she sounds when she is meowing?
Is she making happy-sounds, walking around with her tail in the air?
Is she 'calling', with loud and sometimes long-drawn-out mournful sounds and walking around with her tail held low?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heidi n Q said:
May I ask how she sounds when she is meowing?
Is she making happy-sounds, walking around with her tail in the air?
Is she 'calling', with loud and sometimes long-drawn-out mournful sounds and walking around with her tail held low?

Just meows with tail up, it's like she is looking for somthing checking everyroom out.

·
Registered
12,679 Posts
Oh! Nothing to worry about, then! She is just happy to be back home, is announcing her arrival and looking for someone to tell about her outdoor adventures.

GO to her, or CALL her to you.
PET her and make a small 'fuss' over her.
TALK to her and ask her about her day:

What did you do today? Meow. Really? Meow. Was it fun? Meow. That's great! Meow. Who did you see? Meow. What did you tell them? Meow. Are you going to do the same thing tomorrow? Meow.

Ha! Just like a woman! She just wants someone to give her some attention and make her feel special and important. So TALK to her until she has told you everything she wants to tell you...then I think she'll be content to be quiet and just hang out.

Give it a try over the weekend and tell me how it worked?
heidi

·
Registered
14 Posts
What's been working for me, with Momo, is a laser pointer. Momo is too young to be spayed (right under 6 months), and I think she's going into heat. So, I just break out the laser pointer and let her chase it till she calms down. It gets the nervous energy out and she sleeps for a while after it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
izcaturday said:
What's been working for me, with Momo, is a laser pointer. Momo is too young to be spayed (right under 6 months), and I think she's going into heat. So, I just break out the laser pointer and let her chase it till she calms down. It gets the nervous energy out and she sleeps for a while after it.
Thats how i got toto to stop the howls as well, got playful with her then she eventually fell asleep. :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Heidi n Q said:
Oh! Nothing to worry about, then! She is just happy to be back home, is announcing her arrival and looking for someone to tell about her outdoor adventures.

GO to her, or CALL her to you.
PET her and make a small 'fuss' over her.
TALK to her and ask her about her day:

What did you do today? Meow. Really? Meow. Was it fun? Meow. That's great! Meow. Who did you see? Meow. What did you tell them? Meow. Are you going to do the same thing tomorrow? Meow.

Ha! Just like a woman! She just wants someone to give her some attention and make her feel special and important. So TALK to her until she has told you everything she wants to tell you...then I think she'll be content to be quiet and just hang out.

Give it a try over the weekend and tell me how it worked?
heidi

I had a good conversation with her tonight plenty of meows were done, after a few minutes she layed down and had a rest, so a simple meow back could fix it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts