Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My name is Christine and I am a mommy to two fur-babies:

- Tequila, who is a nine year old neutered, BIG (18 lbs) male cat.. I adopted him two years ago from a family who could no longer keep him (son has bad allergies). I was thinking about adopting a cat and a friend of a friend connected me to this family. They had him since he was a kitten - and his name has been Tequila all his life, I couldn't bear to change it! He's in love with eating (clearly), chattering at birds, and sitting on/crushing the couch cushions. I am not sure what his previous family did (well, I know they did de-claw his front paws, so upset about his poor little toes), but his bad habits include begging for food and inhaling his food, but thankfully staying on the good side of any other health issues. He is active though, and he is on a diet plan. He is also allergic to fleas, as we had an "issue" last summer and he's still recovering - very sensitive skin. He is my first cat ever - I was always a "dog person", ha!

- Lumen, who is an approximately two year old (we're guessing), spayed normal sized (7.5 lbs) female cat. She appeared in my neighborhood this past May, SO friendly, and so I took her in. She is one of the sweetest, most affectionate lap cats ever. I may be biased. :)

So those are my kids.. I am a pushing-thirty-year old Jersey Girl with a great boyfriend, whom I'm convinced loves Lumen more than he loves me. :) I just finished graduate school and have a great job at a telecommunications company in IT. I love cars, cooking, photography, running, tennis, and watching WAY too much TV.

Nice to meet you all! :2kitties

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Welcome, Christine!

Tequila and Lumen sound adorable, can't wait for pictures.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Hi Christine. Since you love photography, you must take lots of pictures of your little ones...or your little one and your big one!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha, yes! As soon as I figure out how to post pictures.. wait..

here's Tequila.. and

here's Lu-Lu!

here are two of them together.. trust me, I have MILLIONS of these two.

and

1 - 4 of 4 Posts