Cat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The little monster escaped for the 3rd time in 2 weeks. There's a weakness or two in my pool cage and her little meezer mind is always working.

Last weekend she managed to get thru a hole at the botton of one screen despite my having piled a bunch of pool equiptment in front of it. The second time she got out last weekend she first had to knock over an inflatable raft I had added to the pile. She was gone for a good 2 hours last Sunday. I'd even called the chip people to report her missing. Once I got her back in I used spare paver tiles to block that flap but good.

Tonight after I let her out to the pool I noticed she wasn't in every 10 minutes to tell me about the bugs she'd chased. Sure enough, this morning when I say her by the screen near the sliding glass door she wasn't chasing a bug, she was working on her next escape.

Tonight while I was out in back looking for her, a bit more relaxed this time because she stays close on her escapes and returned fairly quickly, i heard some serious cat howls and hisses. Twice. When I went in front I couldn't find her but I did see an orange boy running away from me.

She eventually wandered back into the pool area where I could close the doors and capture her but now she' urinated off because I used a cinder block to shut the screen flap she worked openned. Meow, meow, meow "I'm tough, I want to wander, I'm a cat" whaaaa!.

Now I'll have to take a day off from work to get my lower screens redone. I think I should be able to take a sick day to do it 'cause I get a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach at the thought of this tiny girl out in our neighborhood of macho dogs, tough outdoor cats, owls, street smart squirrels she's challenged and cat hating chavs that I'd have to shoot as a matter of honor if they went near my cat.

Finding a screen guy in Fl is murder. The kind of people who do that around here are transient. I could be hiring the latest Ted Bundy but I have to chance it for The Miakins.

Meow, meow, meow (why are you keeping me prisoner!!).

Arrrgh. I'd be really mad at her for something like this if she was a skin kid. She'd be so grounded.

·
Registered
233 Posts
With the economy, I'd think screen people would likely have a doctorate, at least. That's the way it is up here in the PNDub.

The baristas have Masters in Business with a BA in Marketing.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is that those people still want to be paid like PhDs. I called one who was former middle management in a large company who decided to start his own business. When I pinned him down he wanted about $120 a screen to do it. When I laughed at that he proceeded to tell me how difficult it was and had I ever done it. I kept laughing. The guy I finally had do it 3 years ago replaced 4 for at a cost of $35 each. Unfortunately I lost his ph number. Then there was the $700 to take down my pool solar heater. Yep, a degree in Environmental Sciences there. I went with a heat pump rather than pay more than that for them to drag it back up and bolt it in.

Our Baristas have always had Masters Degress in Fine Arts.*

Florida is a special case. A lot of trash ends up in Florida, self excluded.There's a John Douglas theory that all serial killers gravitate to Florida.

Shut up Mia you're not getting out again.

* I only kid Baristas. Mine is a lovely middle aged woman from Brazil who frequently comps me an extra shot of espresso and runs her Barnes and Nobles card to get me the member discount. Yeah, her co-worker is a nose pierced hipster who thinks she's the cat's meow

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dave, lol. Yep. I lived in SOFLA for 20 years. Almost moved back last May. I was going to do some diving. Then someone blew up a big oil rig and I was afraid the already fragile/weird Fla economy would tank. Or at least, the diving would be icky.

Mia needs one of those enclosures - that's a great idea, TBTT. Cheaper than the maintenance on screens over and over.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Dave's is a pool enclosure, right? I just looked at those cage thingys at the top of the page - $999 for the small 4 foot stand-alone one. yowllllll.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah, the largest one was like four to five thou. We can build something better for much cheaper. Or try the Cat fence-in. But those tube things going from the window to the enclosure looked pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was originally a pool enclosure. In reality it's a BIG cat enclosure with some water in the middle.

They love it. They have their own beach chairs and a cabanna boy who regularly gets them fresh towels, drinks and snacks. There's even a supply of lizzards and bugs to chase. Indoor kitty heaven

1 - 9 of 9 Posts