Cat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Win's collar is orange! XD I chose it because it was the most visible and had reflective bits. She also has several tags on it, including one that says "I'm microchipped" and "Needs daily medication" so if any nice old ladies take her in, they'd be more inclined to contact me ASAP rather than keep her and feed her delicious foods. ;}

I love this idea and I will be drumming it into all of my friends. I have two friends with indoor cats who both insisted on no collars because their cats would "never get out" - of course both of them had their cats get out - and one got pregnant because the friend had never bothered having her spayed. Because, you know, her cat was never going to get out ;p Luckily both friends found their cats after the escape, but it's still terrifying.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yes it is!!!!

One time my kitty went out and didnt come home for days!!!! (I was quite worried)

Finally she came home one night!! (I mally miss my kitty (She has been gone 4 years now :())

·
Registered
13 Posts
I may have laughed out loud at those photos XD poor baby doesn't look too impressed :p

Mia's been chipped since she was old enough (well, big enough, she was too little the first time I took her) for them to do it. She does have a habit of running out through the front door if she thinks she can sneak past my legs! She's allowed in the garden out back too when it's nice, but she always has her collar and tags. Got her a nice new red one the other day, since she broke the last three...

So glad she's chipped. This cat cannot keep a collar for more than a few months if she tried!

I like the idea of adding 'microchipped' to the collar/tags, bit more added security!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Can anyone else feel the microchip under the skin? One time a neighbor cat ended up at my doorstep. He was so friendly that he let me pet him and I could feel his chip. Took him to the vet and tracked down his owner (a collar on the other hand would have saved me a trip to the vet and a wait, that's why I support both).

FWIW, my indoor only cats both have chips and collars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Definitely both, but I really hate breakaways. Waste of cash. I walk my cat, though, so she usually has a harness with tags. Waiting for the day I get a good GPS system that fits.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I'd say chip em. We do it at the shelter where I volunteer. Quick little ouchie and they're set! Whenever they get a loving home...

Just saw Marcia's post the collar that says 'chipped' is a great idea!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
What a great suggestion, "I have the vet check the microchip every year, to make sure it hasn't moved/migrated in her body."
That gets added to my list.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.