Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you saw her when I wished everyone a happy Halloween...
Well, this little girl has been working her magic on me...and I'm falling for her big time!
She's been coming into the work shack, the nights I work and she snuggles up on my shoulder and neck and rubs noses with me!
She really likes her little bed to curl up in to!
I might have to change my 'handle' sometime in the near future...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,625 Posts
She has the eyes of an old soul, so mysterious and pretty.

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
Yes, I think you will need a new name!! How cute! Are you the only one that cares for her in the shack or can she become a shack cat with joint custody??

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Midnights story is she is one of two cats that hang around here...they have no official home...
The other one is named Rosebud, she is also black, but has a big white spot on her chest, she is truly a feral.
Both cats are possibly related, they were trapped when they were younger and at least both got spayed.
Supposedly, Rosebud was put up for adoption, but escaped and found her way back to this area!
For a reason that only Midnight knows...
She decided to trust the former Lead here and when I came on board, she decided to trust me as well...
He always had food for them and so do I.
I started adding l-lysine to their canned food as I noticed Rosebuds eyes goobering up really bad earlier in the summer...
Rosebud only runs away about 15-20 feet now when I get the canned food out...she used to streak off!
Midnight and I have really bonded...she really likes to do the chin rub and head butt on me!
As far as I know, she's around two years old...
That she's survived this long with the owls, coyotes, and all the other predators around here, is testament to the fact, that this tiny, delicate little girl is a survivor!!
I've been trying to think of some other names that might fit her, as she hasn't figured out that 'Midnight' is her!
I've just been calling her 'Pretty Girl' for now!!
Other names: Onyx, Jet, Inky, Little Foot, Tiny Dancer...
Suggestions welcome!! :p

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Catmonkeys, I just realized your Avatar looks like Rosebud! Amazing!

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
how about "Angela"? I think that's a good name for her. She sounds like she's a very sweet cat.
LOL! my Border collies name is Angelina!!
Midnight is a sweet girl! I love how she balances on my shoulder to snuggle up! !

·
Registered
835 Posts
I've been trying to think of some other names that might fit her, as she hasn't figured out that 'Midnight' is her!
I've just been calling her 'Pretty Girl' for now!!
Other names: Onyx, Jet, Inky, Little Foot, Tiny Dancer...
Suggestions welcome!! :p
I lol'd at "Tiny Dancer". Our friendliest neighbourhood Raccoon was dubbed Tiny Dancer by my brother a couple of years ago. She's a grandmother now, and we refer to her offspring as "The Dancer Babies". :D A lot of our "woodland friends" who are regular visitors to our yard end up with goofy names. We also have a fox called "Thursday", "Bark Barks" the Red-bellied Woodpecker, "Mr. Chitters" the squirrel, "Yard Jay" the Blue Jay, "Diamond" the bunny, "Heather" the Rose-breasted Grosbeak, and "Kunk" the skunk, just to name a few.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dt8thd, that is funny! You've got some good names for your "Wild" ones!!
I also just thought of another one for her...
I'm always telling her she has cold 'tootsies'
when she comes into the shack...
So maybe...Tootsie! :p

·
Registered
364 Posts
Has this adorable, beautiful girl had any socialization with anyone else? That's cure that she likes to be a shoulder kitty.

·
Registered
364 Posts
What I meant to say was "Has this adorable, beautiful girl had any socialization with anyone else? That's cute that she likes to be a shoulder kitty" not "That's cure"

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ndiniz, lol!! As far as I know, Midnight has only 'adopted' myself and one man, the former Lead person here!

I took a picture before it got dark here to show the 'feeding station' I set up for them, so when it rains or snows...the food won't get wet and they can at least eat out of the weather.
It took Rosebud a long time to figure out it wasn't a trap!
Midnight took to it right away!
:D

Attachments

·
Registered
551 Posts
Oh wow - she looks exactly like one of my current fosters, Kylin. Kylin is a pretty girl but very shy, all black with a couple white whiskers!

Midnight is lovely, how wonderful for her that you are taking care of her!

1 - 20 of 155 Posts