Cat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm happy that she loves you! Imagine waking up next to a beautiful girl like her, giving you that "I love you" look while she gives out a full blown purr at full volume. That'd be the perfect way to get up.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm happy that she loves you! Imagine waking up next to a beautiful girl like her, giving you that "I love you" look while she gives out a full blown purr at full volume. That'd be the perfect way to get up.
In full agreement there!!

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Its been a while since I updated on the Adventures of Midnight!!
This Really Fridged Cold has had me concerned about her...But I was able to track her little foot prints and I found out she's staying underneath a mobile home trailer out here! So she's out of the wind, snow and cold!
Some new pictures of this little girl!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well, I have been feeding her very well!!
Midnight and Rosebud burn up a lot of calories out here...

Someone dumped out a little bobtail cat here a couple weeks ago...:(
So she is getting fed also, she's a cutie, but very very scared right now...
Rosebud chased her tonight and bobtail ran up a tree...so at least I know she's not de-clawed, thank the Lord...

I am so glad I set up the 'Feed Barn when I did!

And the 'No Freeze' water dish is under the picknik table, which has a heavy plastic
covering over it on the one end, so the snow won't get to deep under there.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Be still my heart. Now a bobtail cat has appeared!

Midnight sounds like she may be dating you. Shes deciding whether shed like to move in with you! She is a savvy girl to have managed to survive. Its awesome the love and care youve given her. I enjoyed your story with the pictures.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Mitts&Tess, The little Bobtail is very cute! She has beautifully marked face, very expressive! She did make it out of the tree where Rosebud chased her...
I think I may have to set up another feeding station, since Rosebud is so territorial... (she is totally feral...)

Midnight spent my whole shift with me last night!
She now knows I always come back from my checks, so she waits calmly for my return and greets me with happy chirpy meows and lots of headbutting and chin rubs!!!
SIGH...What's not to love about this little girl!!

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
The Little Bob Tail is getting attacked by Rosebud...:(
Rosebud is very territorial, she shares the area with Midnight--they just pretend to not see each other...
Different story with the Bob Tail, poor little thing...
Rosebud really attacked her a little while ago and Bob Tail ran up a tree after I broke up the fight by walking outside and clapping my hands loudly.
This is definitely not posturing behavior, it is full on attack, teeth and claws full body contact. :eek:
I haven't been able to get close to Bob Tail before she runs, so don't know how friendly she might be...I know she's very scared.
I think I may have to bring a trap to work and try and catch her that way...before she gets chewed up by Rosebud and developes nasty infections from bites.

Any Special Tips from our TNR or Feral care takers would be appreciated...
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,841 Posts
How in the world do you get any work done with all this going on??!! I'd be a basket case if cats started turning up all around me. Work?? What's that - SO over rated.....

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Can you tell if they are both fixed? Are you thinking of taking one of them home or to be fostered somewhere? I have a feeling that the new abandoned bobtail is persona non grata. Midnight wont accept the bobtail being there and will continue to try to run it off. It would be nice if one of them could get a home????? How anyone can abandon a cat is beyond me. Maybe the bobtail is lost no abandoned. Most likely not but wouldn't hurt to have it checked if you can get her/him. IF either one is not s/n that would account for the fighting.

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks Mitts&Tess for answering...
I know Rosebud and Midnight are spayed, I have no idea about BobTail...
I think BobTail is a girl and ever since she has shown up, I've checked the lost and found in the newspaper...and nothing...
No one has stopped by here either to ask if we've seen a stray cat...
I seriously think she is a 'dump' case...:(
And it makes me so angry...:mad:
Its Rosebud who is so territorial, thank heavens Midnight was in the shack with me last night!
I'm going to try and trap BobTail, if I can, there's a great cat rescue place that I can take her to, if I'm lucky.
I feel so sorry for her, she's a real cutie with a very expressive face.
She sure doesn't deserve to live in fear for her life, just trying to eat and drink...

·
Premium Member
9,133 Posts
Rosebud sounds hungry enough that Ill bet she'll go into a covered trap in no time! I know you know this but others following your thread might not, but make sure ahead of time a rescue can take the cat. Or find a foster.

I get weak kneed with bobtails. Wish i could foster her! :sad: Too bad your not closer and we could tag team this girl!!!! Fingers crossed!

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks mitts&Tess! Last night BobTail showed up around 11:00 pm and was soooo hungry that she came over while I was trying to fill the dish with the canned food!! She was wolfing it so fast, I was afraid she'd throw it up later...
She kept looking around to make sure Rosebud wasn't going to attack her again...
I just froze in my kneeling position and kept talking to her, trying to send good vibes!
Getting a close-up, I'm not so sure of the gender now!!
Could be an adorable male BobTail!!
Maybe I can sneek a picture soon...

With kitten season almost already here...
I definitely would check first with the Cat Rescue Shelter!

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
M&T, I'm jealous! ! Eggnog! Yum yum!! :p

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
OMG! Bobtail just showed up AND let me pet him/her while eating!! :D
Maybe it won't be so hard after all to get Bobtail!
Looking at the ruff around its neck, it looks like it had worn a collar at some point, until recently...
Poor thing is terrified that Rosebud is going to attack him/her again...
Wolfing down the food and constantly checking around...
Midnight as is our usual routine now, is in the shack with me, enjoying her little bed or perching on my shoulder! :D

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Bobtail came in to feed again and let me pet him/her again!
But it didn't stop there...
Bobtail started talking up a storm to me!
I put my hand down by my leg fist closed, and Bobtail came over and started headbutting it and doing head rubs...
This went on a few minutes and I asked "can I pick you up"...
Bobtail stood up, front paws on my leg and then hopped right up!
Bobtail also has been inside somewhere before...
Wanted in the shack...however, Midnight was already in the shack, so I didn't want to upset the apple cart with that!
I'll be bringing in one of my bigger pet carriers...
I don't think trapping Bobtail will be necessary now!
Through Bobtails fur, I could feel his/her ribs...
Thank heavens I've been feeding them all
Esp. Bobtail...
Poor baby...it sounded so sad when it first started 'Talking'...

·
Premium Member
8,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
OMG! There's ANOTHER One...
I just saw a Buff colored cat...and its scared to death like Bobtail was two weeks ago...
What is wrong with people...that they can just 'dump' an animal...
Oh, its back and eating...more white colored than buff...
I went out and it ran over to me...
I set it up with some canned and its scarfing it down...
got a picture of this one... 1388542093340.jpg

21 - 40 of 155 Posts