Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my Sis today, she works at the humane society in her city.. They recently got a momma cat with 6 kittens. Well, she went in there saturday and there was 3 kittens left.. and only feet and tails of the others! She went in there yesterday, and one kitten was dead covered in blood..

So I called them today and asked if the other 2 was still alive and if they were going to separate them from their mother(which I suggested they do). So i asked if I could foster them because they're really sick and shouldn't be with their mother. They said I'd have to ask someone else, but I more than likely could. he told me to call back wednesday at noon because they'll be seeing the vet then, then I could probably foster them until they are healthy to go back. This is a high-kill shelter but they really want these kittens to live. So, if luck has it, they'll live til Wednesday and I'll be fostering them to full health! But they are really concerned about them not living because they are skinny and prolly have worms and things. I hope I can help. Poor kittens. My sister couldn't give me an age for them though, so I don't know how old they are. She said are 2 months old, but I really daon't know why keeping them with the mother would be such an issue if that be the case.. So we'll see

Wish the kittens luck!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what she said :? i find it kind of hard to believe myself.. but that's what she said.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Poor babies.......Gaylord's brothers and sisters met that same fate :( I hope you are able to save the remaining 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
You'd think common sense would have told them to sep. the mom from the babies after she ate 3 of them.

They aren't going to wait until wed. to remove them from the mom are they? Also, why is it taking so long to see the vet when they are at a shelter? I know...so many questions and you probably can't answer them. But these poor kitties don't sound like they are in very good care, even at a shelter.

I just re-read your post...this is a "HIGH-kill" shelter? Uggh. That's awful. And awful that they get treated this way in the short time they have to stay there.

I really hope you can get those kitties out of there. Can you call back and talk to someone else? The momma and babies should have already seen a vet by now. This is sooooo sad! :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shelter is in a small town(my hometown) and has very, very limited space. The vet they are using has been retired for years. He's old.. But the main vet won't give discounts and stuff for them. I used this vet to, he's a great vet.. he's who amputated my old cats leg and spayed Angel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts