Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left a plastic milk bottle ring lying on the counter. Slasher found it on a routine counter patrol and captured it.

For the last two hours, he's been carrying it around the house and playing with it.

If Ripper comes near, Slasher growls ("it's mine").

This makes me feel guilty, in that I'm not doing enough to make their little kitty lives interesting and fulfilling. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
All I can say is this . . . my cats have 3 cat condos, 4 types of scratching posts, at least 50 types of toys - crackly, catnippy, fishing pole-y, feathery, furry, you name it.

And my cat Baxter's favorite thing in the whole wide world is a paper bag . . . and after that a cardboard box. I think they appreciate our efforts but just like little kids, sometimes they find pleasure in the simple things!

·
Registered
379 Posts
Duchess has a box full of toys, cat nip mouses, cat nip birds, cat nip bags, furry mice, crinkle balls, balls with bells in them, sisal covered balls and assorted other babbles, but far and away her favorite toy is the plastic milk ring. I bought a new stove a year ago and I found 15 milk rings under the old stove! Boxes, bags and junk provide some of the most fun!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Heidi n Q said:
*raises hand to be counted* Boxes and milk rings here, too.
dito here!!!

We looked at some really nice cat houses and instead we decided to get 3 big boxes (I could fit in them!) and cut holes and glue the together and make that into thier play house and they love it !!!!! Both girls go crazy for milk rings too.

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
Simba, Gracie and Molly all attend regular milk ring anonymous meetings, unfortunately they have yet to get their 1 month coin because they keep falling off the milk truck.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I had a bad experience once with a plastic toy, actually, it was a zip tie. Lucy chewed it, and got a piece stuck across the top of her mouth. I panicked, I thought she was choking. Luckily I got it out, and she was fine, but I no longer leave things like that around because she does chew...........I'm to scared to.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Mine love milk rings, the plastic caps off water bottles, lint, cardboard boxes (they find them delicious) and just about anything they aren't allowed to have, like ribbon. They play with the stuff I buy them too, but the free stuff is by far the most popular.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tiger's favorite toy is a pipe cleaner that has been coiled around my finger. He plays for HOURS until it is all squashed and slobbery. He couldn't care less for store-bought toys. He does like milk rings too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts