Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard a lot of talk about cats drinking milk. Why do cats drink milk, and how often? Is it good for them? I just want to know more facts about cats and milk. Help would be greatly appreciated!

Zoe and Tiff

·
Registered
238 Posts
Many cats are lactose intollerant and giving milk to them often leads to digestive upset so your better off just avoiding it. There is special cat milk available if you really want to give your cat a treat of milk ....I believe its called Cat Sip.

·
Registered
6,801 Posts
Many brands make catmilk now. The most commen I see in the UK are felix and whiskers.

But opokki has said why cats should not drink human milk (as it were) but for some strange reason they certainly seem to love it.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There's no reason for a cat to drink milk; it just adds calories and carbs to the diet. Not to mention all the drugs that dairy cows are raised with; and all the additives in the "cat milk" products.

I love Fritos and Twinkies, but that doesn't mean I should get them all the time (or even at all!).

If you want to give a healthy treat, Kitty Kissers, Kitty Kaviar, and other dehydrated real meat treats are the best way to go.

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

1 - 4 of 4 Posts