Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my cat the only one that loves milk, every time i get the milk out for any reason, he will hop up on my table and stare at me and bug me until i give him some milk, and if i dont... then he gets mad and pretty much starts biging at me, not hurting bites, more like play bites, but they still do hurt :x

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Sabby's crazy about milk, too. When I'm finished I usually stick my finger in the milk and let him lick it off, but that's all he gets.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Isn't cow's milk really really bad for cats?

Thankfully, Kiera loves to smell, but shows NO interest in actually eating any human food...

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Most cats would like to drink the milk that we drink, but most of our milk-products give many cats digestive upsets as many aren't able to digest our dairy. If your baby isn't having upset stomach or anything, don't worry. But every cat is different and may be unable to digest (or allergic, if you will) to our dairy products. I don't want to take any chances with Skeeter, so, like Annissa, a finger lick's worth is all he gets of any dairy... even though he tries his best to sneak more! :wink:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Yup. Most cats are lactose intolerant, so I just avoid such products all together. A lot of humans are lactose intolerant too! And if your one of them, some of you can know how painfull and unpleasent this can be.
I'd rather not put my kitties through that. Just incase.
There are so many other num nums out there!

·
Registered
252 Posts
My cats don't get milk. I don't want to risk upsetting their stomachs and they are happy with their water. They get tuna juce at times also.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Yep, it's very unnatural to drink the milk of another species, hence why so many humans are lactose intolerent to cow's milk. I'm lactose intolorent so I drink soy milk.. the cats love it, but I only let them have a lick or two and not very often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts