Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday morning while Milky was happily sitting on my lap, he suddenly leaped off of me and seemed to be gagging or choking, then vomited a small pool of pale-yellowish liquid. Scared the living daylights out of me because he has never vomited before.

He has been eating, sleeping, pooping, playing etc absolutely fine and seems no different than before. It was just once, and he hasn't vomited again.

Does anyone know what it could be or what's wrong with him? :sad

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Probably a hairball. He might do it again and actually throw it up.
It's spring and shedding season. Do you brush him regularly? If not, it's a good time to start.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We brush him regularly but it has never happened before... I don't think he normally throws up hairballs as I haven't seen any around, but I've seen them in his litter tray before.

What about the yellowish liquid that came up? Is that something to be worried about?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Usually it's a little bit of bile mixed with stomach acid or water. If he hasn't vomited again and he's eating and drinking normally I wouldn't worry. GL B

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Don't think it's a big concern if it's an isolated event. My Metoo once vomited for no apparent reason (not hairball for sure). Everything else was normal and she never vomit again up to today.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been monitoring him since the day he vomited and he seems absolutely fine. Perhaps it really is nothing to be too concerned over. Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts