Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minnie is a very social kitten (9 months) she always greets me when I come home and today she did not. I noticed her food bowl was untouched and when I looked for her I found her awake in the basement up in the rafter sitting with her tail out, PURRING!! She is not stuck but will not come down! she pokes her head out and her paws like to play but will not come out. It has been since this morning, about 10 hours.
Does anyone have any idea why she would be acting this way??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nevermind...

She was afraid to come down for some reason. I held a box at the opening and she jumped right into it. safe and sound, eating and playing as normal!:cat

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sometimes cats find themselves a new hiding spot and just DON'T come down. It worries me so much when they do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My husband said that he saw her fall from that spot one time and she fell right into the sump pump hole! Maybe when she got there she remembered falling and got freaked ? As soon as I put the box next to where she could come out she walked right into the box. I felt like a hero! :D (we blocked the opening so it won't happen again)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts