Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've just noticed something on my cat's back foot.

On the largest back pad on this foot, one of the 3 paw pad "segments" is black. It looks like a bruise. But I'm worried it could possibly be an infection?

Any thoughts from you cat lovers out there?

Thanks, from Robert.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Are you sure it has not always been this way? My cat has different colors on the pads of her feet.

If not, I'd be a little concerned about that, you may want to call your vet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
>>Are you sure it has not always been this way?

Actually, I simplified my post and said that it was my cat. It's just a cat that stops by occasionally, so I am not familiar with it's feet! (lol)

I think I may visit the owner's house and tell them about it.

At first glance though, it does look like a bruise of some kind. But it seems a very "neat and tidy" kind of bruise - it's just exactly on one third of that back large foot pad, and nowhere else.

Hmmm..strange.

Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Here is a picture of my kitten's foot. It's not very clear but I think you can tell that in the middle part of the pad on her foot there is a perfect darker circle there. She has mostly pink features (pads of feet, around eyes, nose, etc.) but she has a dark brown spot on the bottom of her nose (which 7 weeks ago was a pale, pale little dot) and has now developed some darker pigment on her feet as well.

Does it resemble something along these lines, but darker, probably?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

>>Does it resemble something along these lines, but darker, probably?

Yes, it does, and it is darker - I mean kind of heavy charcoal grey/black. You know if someone gets a rather nasty black eye - well it's kind of that type of thing. The rest of her paw is a nice healthy looking pink colour.

But your picture is a good one because the *shape* of the area in question is very similar - but with "my" cat, it's right off to one side.

Thanks, from Robert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts