Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi catforum!

I posted last week in my introduction that I am a first time cat owner who lives with a life-long cat lover :) We applied to adopt a 6 month old kitten named Miracle (Mira for short). Our application was approved on tuesday and she joined our family.

When we went to pick her up we were informed about her history and how she got her name... Miracle was born in the shelter to a first time mother who wasn't very interested in the kittens. Each of the kittens in her litter contracted distemper virus and passed away. Miracle did not get sick with the virus, and spent the first 3 months of her life in the animal hospital being monitored and hand raised. When she returned to the shelter, Miracle was kept in isolation for 2 months to protect the shelter population. At 6 months of age, she found her forever home with us :)

The day we adopted Mira the animal shelter staff suggested that we adopt Marcie, a 2 year old cat that is Mira's best friend. We decided to sleep on the decision, and by Friday we had 2 cats! Marcie was brought to the shelter at approx. 1 year of age. When she arrived the shelter staff put her in isolation to be monitored for illness. Her second day in the shelter she gave birth to her first litter, and she had a lot of trouble as a new mom. After her own litter was adopted out to new homes Marcie bonded to little Mira.

Since comming home Mira has proven herself to be a little purr monster and super playful! Marcie is a little more timid than Mira, but she's very lovey and very bonded with Mira.

Now that these two girls have joined our family I couldn't imagine life without them!

Thanks for reading my rant! Now here's some pics :)
1st pic-Mira asleep on her back in a cardboard box
2nd- Mira asleep, stretched way out on MrWiz's lap
3rd- Marcie and Mira napping in our bedroom
4th- Marcie sitting on our bed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,359 Posts
Oh, that's wonderful! I'm so glad you adopted both of them!!!

Gorgeous cats!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts