Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally purchase my cat supplies from a local cat store. However, they close early on sundays, so I stopped by petsmart. While there, I saw and couldn't resist a foaming rinseless cat shampoo by miracle coat.

However, I'm starting to have doubts, as it was about 1 foot away from an array of hartz products.

Has anyone used this? There's no way I can get my cats to take a normal bath without scratching and fear. They don't mind the wipes as much, I figured this would be somewhere in between...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I used this to wash my dog after she had surgery and I couldn't get her incision wet. I didn't feel like it really did anything except make her smell clean.

I didn't read the contents though to see if it was harmful at all. Which was really bright! :oops:

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
I'm not sure about the brand, but I may have the same kind. I know I have some sort of "waterless shampoo" for my cat. I figured a bath would be too traumatic for him so I decided to get this. I wouldn't have bothered, except that he was feeling horrible after his second round of shots and peed on himself in his crate while at the vet. He smelled horrible!

It was so much just to hold him still while I tried to spray spray spray spray and spray to get him completely covered. I didn't like the thought of leaving all the soapy stuff on him while he dried, because I felt like he'd lick off a lot himself and end up getting sick. So I ended up giving him a SECOND bath. I put him in the sink and got him completely wet so I could get all the shampoo rinsed off.

I don't think its a bad product, but I end up giving him a regular bath anyway just because it takes a lot longer (believe it or not).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hm, my bottle says to spray it on my hands and work it into the coat, then use a towel to dry.

I'm in search of the full bathless solution to excessive shedding. They get a high quality cat food (innova) which includes omega acids, purified water, and lots of play (well, by my standards).

I tried grooming her every day for a week or so but the hair is endless! She has been like this on and off since I adopted her (and was even worse at the inhumane society).

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exciting update... I used it.

The foam is a lot like foaming face wash. When applied to the coat, the coat is actually noticably wet and foamy. As per the instructions, I wiped them down with a towel and then brushed extensively.

One of my cats of the two didn't really need it, but I was a little worried that if the one smelled really flowery the other would go crazy. It seemed to help the one that actually needed it... I'll report back in a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts