Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago she went out and got into a confrontation with a big orange tom. Today she crept into the neighbours yard and got chased by two dogs!!! I thought they were going to kill her... they had her cornered and when she tried to climb over the wall one grabbed her by the leg.. I had to climb over and get her because she just froze stiff.. I had to pry her off my shirt man.. she's been lying in the same spot the whole afternoon.. i hope nothing's wrong with her

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would give her bach flowers. I think rescue would the best here.
She's traumatized because of the experiences she made.
If I were you I would keep her inside and show her that she's safe there.
I may take a couple of days for her to feel save again.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Whoa. That is really traumatic, poor kitty. Perhaps you should rethink letting your cat outside, your environment outside sounds awful dangerous.

I hope nothing's wrong with her too, but please check her leg for injuries. Remember that these close up fast, but could fester inside, and may result in an abscess.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Indeed, we've had many discussions about the dangers of letting cats outside. It's a jungle out there! Her life is bound to be stressful--and probably short--if she keeps getting into these scrapes. Please, keep her inside, or build a cat-safe enclosure for her so she can enjoy the sunshine and fresh air without the hazards!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well... she's up and running today altho she seems a little subdued.. no visible injuries except a little scratch on the muzzle.. She's not supposed to go out in the first place. I try to keep the doors and windows closed but somehow someone always opens a window(because its so blazingly hot in the tropics) and she slips out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts