Cat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup as the title says it. Tomorrow Misa will be gone for a few days. She has to take her teeth clean. The vet said that she had Tatar in her teeth. It's going to be so quiet though because my sister and I won't have a cuddle buddy to sleep with. :( I hope that we don't have to pay so much money just to get her teeth clean.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Why will it take several days? It's drop off in the morning and pick up in the afternoon here for dentals.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
I hope Misa sails through the procedure with flying colors! Regrettably, the cleaning likely will be expensive, since Misa will need to be anesthetized, plus if she will be gone for a few days there will also be a cost to that. Did the vet not give you a quote for the cost? That would be the normal procedure.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah she did. It's a little high but not like when we took her on the first day. When we first took her it was like $184. To be honest I'm not sure what the cost might be. She won't be back with us until like the weekend.

Tomorrow afternoon we are taking her.

·
Super Moderator
26,493 Posts
Wow, dentals start at $350 here.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yikes! That's a lot. The $184 was from the visit including blood work and exam and some other ones and deworming her.

But it will be nice to have quiet time because every night she would meow like no tomorrow, but I'll still miss her.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well we finally took Misa to the vet. It's quite in here. They will call us tomorrow afternoon to see when will it be a good time to pick he up.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow! You guys seem to pay a lot for your vet bills. :/

One time Francis ate a Chicken bone, we took him to the vet for overnight and it caused about $700 for the surgery. I was like What in the world??

·
Registered
305 Posts
wow it is moments like this I am glad I am in brazil. vet care is pretty cheap. I mean a month of going to the vet 2-3 times a week for 2-3 shots and IVs (she had um forgot what it was called, lung issues) and it was only like 230 dollars in all (even if alot of the vets are not in the club of smartest people in the world)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Great news. Misa came home earlier than we expected. The vet bill came up to $260. That included the surgery, anesthesia, and IV thingys. This is when she came home today. She's a little jumpy right now but she'll feel better tomorrow. They said that she did very well at the surgery. My dad was talking to her a bit in the car. lol They gave me some dry food for her. It was the Hills dry food.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haha.. but he doesn't live with us( cat, me, my twin sister and mom). XD Plus he and my mom aren't cat people. That's why I put the "lol". XD But it was pretty funny. Hehe Misa is my early graduation present because I wanted a companion. =D Now I got one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts