Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 6 month old cats, one is a male the other female. I had the female spayed at 4 months. A couple of weeks ago I was awakened by a cat fight. The two cats spit and hissed at each other and then couldn't get along. I just had the male neutered and I was hoping this would end the problem. They are still fighting and cannot be together unless I am there. The male stalks the female, she hisses at him and then he tries to go after her--she retreats to either me or a place he cannot get to. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
She might be acting hostile to him because when a cat comes home from a hospital stay he will smell different and she might be very upset by that. If it's been more than a couple of days since he's come back from the surgery, then it might be more than the strange "vet clinic" odors. If you can keep them separated for a few days to a couple of weeks and do a sort of "gradual reintroduction" that should bring back the peace and let them become buddies again. Using some Feliway during this reintroduction period will help things along too. Oh, extra love and kisses for both too! Don't forget that! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts