Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was little black visitor cat was outside the screen cage last night. I couldn't see anything in the dark even though the deck lights were on.

Mia and Fay started making war noises and were tracking something along the far length of the pool cage. Given the speed it couldn't have been Mr Possum. Plus, Mr P never seems to interest them much.

When they got to the corner they bumped into each other and Fay let out a lion hiss right at Mia. As they rounded that corner Mia got between Fay and the screen and Fay let her have 3 really fast left jabs. That's when I got there and when I touched Fay on the back she calmed down and we all trotted into the house. Mia was definitely cowed for a bit. She's used to Fay being the victim of her harassment. This morning they were curled up together in bed with me so no grudges were held.

I checked and couldn't find any blood on Mia but Fay hasn't had her claws clipped in over 3 months and they are meat hooks. She's left noticable rips in 2 of my shirts from kneeding my shoulder.

I'm sure Little Black Visitor Cat is an owned kitty. I saw him in the light a few nights ago and his coat is beautiful. He's slim but not emaciated. Probably standard for any cat I haven't made chubby. He's also the first cat that showed up 9 months ago when Fay was in heat but he's relatively small and got replaced by a bigger cat who was then replaced by an even bigger cat.

I have to find a way to discourage LBVK from hanging out at my windows.

Mia is having a bad day now. The squirrels were really chirping at her earlier and she came in giving the loud anxiety meow. Time for some cuddles.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Considering their state of high anxiety and excitement, I think you were lucky not to have been the object of their misdirected aggression.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts