Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning Misha was making strange high pitched hatching noises in the bathroom. When I check in on her there was lots of blood...I totally paniced!! 8O Seems my boyfriend tried giving her a treat that was a bit stall and she was choking on it and coughed it up. I rushed her into the emergency clinic, the vet said to watch her for the day but; thought she should be fine that she coughed so hard she broke a blood vessel but; will be fine, she finally started eating about 1/2 hour ago...my baby girl, I was so worried about her. My boyfriend thought I was "over-reacting" the nerve of him! I figured other kitty lovers would be more understanding..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RarePuss said:
I'd be scared too.. is there such thing as CPR for cats? :(
there is an I do have an emergency handbook that I have to review...Misha was able to eat well this morning and thankfully, no more blood. I'm so thankfully, that her asthma did not kick in at that moment preventing her from coughing out that food treat, I don't even want to think of how worse it could have been. Luckily she was very smart to know to cough so hard that the treat was dislogged from her throat, seeing the blood all over the bathroom tile scare me to know end..

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Whoa, that was really scary to read, let alone experience. I would have rushed my kitty right to the vet too, coughing blood is NOT a good thing.

Yup, there is such a thing as CPR for cats. I have 2 medical vet books on how to deal with all sorts of emergencies. I've read them cover to cover periodically, and hope I never have to do any of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all those who responded with concern and well wishes for my little Misha... :D I'm happy to say that Misha seems to be doing much better!!! :D She started eating again, the following day after her orderal and thankfully, no more blood and no vomitting. The vet said she should be okay and was no need to bring her back in unless she started coughing up blood or vomitting...I'm so glad my baby girl is back to her nomral self!! :D She has been much more affectionate since her accident last Sunday, she likes to spend much time by my side... :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts