Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
If this post is in there wrong spot, let me know. My cat Milo has been missing for 10 days now. He’s 1.5 years old and I can barely hold it together most days. He loves to talk to us and cuddle and he’s just so so sweet.
Our cats are indoor/outdoor. We live in central Illinois, in a wooded area with a few neighbors that also have cats. There are occasionally coyotes in the area as well, but the people who have lived here for years and years with cats have not had any issues with losing theirs. The cats all hang out and wander together and go to each other’s houses. It’s crazy, but we love it! We try our best to keep our cats in at night, but usually they get let out around 4 am, then come back for breakfast around
8-9 am. We have a cat door, so they come in and out all day, we go on walks and they follow me everywhere!
Early morning, Tuesday 8-25 I let them out as usual. Milo never came back for breakfast. I didn’t worry too much, thinking he was hunting and wasn’t hungry. Late afternoon, still no Milo. I called and called for him and he never showed up. He always comes when I call, and he meows very loud at me the whole trip back. We went to bed that night with no Milo.
Every day since, I’ve hiked the woods looking by the creeks, checking neighbors garages and under decks, calling and talking to him. I even bought a trail cam to see if I could catch him in the area. Nothing. Our neighbors say he’s just out being a cat, but I’m thinking the worst. I’ve put up posters, called shelters and vets, reported his microchip lost, and my fiancé even went door to door in the next neighbor hoods with flyers talking to everyone. I hike the woods and look in spots he could hide, but it’s impossible to check every book and cranny out there. I just don’t know if there is anything else I can do, or if it’s just a waiting game now. I miss him terribly. I hear great stories of cats returning after long periods, and I hope Milo does. I won’t give up on him.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I'm sorry. It doesn't sound good, does it. Sometimes you never do know what happened.... been there done that. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts