Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh, this is terrible :( I can't stand stories like this b/c there is so much desperation involved when folks just disappear. Please let your friend know that I am thinking and praying for his family's safe return.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I know people will not like thinking about what I'm going to say, but do you think there is any possibility that they just took off? Sometimes people do that...

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it's a possibility but the wierd thing is, no activity in their bank accounts and no calls from their cell phones....if they just wanted to get away and not be found, woudln't they still use their bank and phones?

If there are updates, I'm sure my sisters ex will call her with them and I'll update you all.

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My sisters ex is here right now. The police called him and said they are calling off the search because they think his family is buried under 12 feet of snow and they can't do anything until it melts. They told him he needs to start thinking about cremeation or burial. This is just horrible. It's his bio mom and brother that is in the mobile home and he is the closest to them as family members so the decision is up to him.

PLEASE pray that if those 6 people are indeed in the mountain buried in snow, that they are somehow keeping warm and that they have food and water in their mobile home. Miracals happen...lets HOPE this turns out okay...it does not look good though.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
if they just wanted to get away and not be found, woudln't they still use their bank and phones?
Not necessarily, if one planned a disappearance thoroughly enough. Credit cards and bank withdrawals leave a paper trail that is easily followed.

If the police there do indeed think the family may be trapped in a snow drift, there isn't reason to give up hope yet. In a situation such as that, water will be more important than food and in snow, water isn't hard to come by. With 6 people together, they should be able to stay warm enough inside the RV. No doubt they had blankets and extra clothes to keep warm with. The lack of cell phone calls might just mean there is no signal or they have no battery power for the phone. I hope the weather there warms enough for the search to continue soon.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The article makes it sound like they were all alive, and it was the parents that had walked out from the RV?

Anyway, I'm VERY glad to see an update here, I got on just now wondering if there was any news. I hope they are all doing OK and they get back home soon. Thank the Lord they survived! :D

·
Registered
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yep, they were all found alive!!

So far my sister's ex hasn't heard from the authoritys yet, I think they should have called him by now though. When they called him Saturday, they told him to decided if he wanted his mom and brother buried or cremated.....they owe it to him to call him NOW!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's basically the same story at the local news site posted before, but Yahoo news picked it up and it's on the front page. Have they all been taken somewhere safe yet?
Heather please tell your sister's ex we were all rooting for them to be found alive and we're very glad they were. I know for me, hearing about this has taken the gloom off my crappy day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts