Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi todaylet my 4-5 month old kitten out at about 4.00pm. In which he returned a couple of times and then going back out. He left again and has'nt yet come back. I'm really worried I've scoured the whoe of my street and cant find him. I can't do anything more at the minute for its too dark but I dont know what to do I have'nt got any pictures of the kitten and he hasnt got a collar. Any advice would help thanks.

I did see a black kitten similar to mine but he had a bald patch on his right side and when i called him he didnt come.

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
You might want to call the local shelter and give them a discription of your kitten, on the chance someone brings him in. Putting up posters around your neighborhood might also be a good idea.
Best of luck finding him, I certainly hope he comes back. Please consider keeping him inside. Cats live much longer when they are kept inside and are not subject to predators, cars, and other dangers.
Again, good luck finding him! :)

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
I hope this helps in the consideration of leaving your cat indoors. Make sure to call around to vets and shelters to let them know about your kitty and try to go out in the middle of the nite, when there is not lots of cars and noises and call for your kitty. Good Luck and let us know if you find him. <<))

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd just like to tell any1 who may have read this post. He turned up on my windowsill this morning. It was a very worrying experience and will have to think about this very hard.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is exactly why I no longer let cats outside. Even in areas where houses are few and far between.

My last cat (at my parents) disappeared for 3 days once, and came back with a rabbit snare around his neck (a plastic loop type, which the hunter had cut). Happily he lived about 5 more years.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts