Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl is really coming around :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
isn't she funny?! she won't sit up on the couch with me or let me pick her up but she does this when she wants attention...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Awwww! She's saying "Me. Um...hello? Me. Focus on me. I am here, see me."

Did you just recently get her? (I've been absent from this forum for a few years and I'm not up to date with all the new cats).

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
So cute! They're such little teases, aren't they? You would really think you could pick her up, but nooooooooo, she just wants to be adored from afar.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for your comments, everyone. I am so proud of my little girl :) I adopted her about 3 1/2 months ago. my friend's cousin found her - she showed up at her house all skinny and matted and starving to death :( they took her to the vet, got her rabies vacc., got her de-wormed, etc. but couldn't keep her long term. they had her for about 2 months and put an ad out that they had a cat for adoption... my friend asked if I was interested and I had been thinking about getting a cat so I said yes! I grew up with cats but lately have become obsessed with pugs (dogs). I work for a pug rescue group. I can't have dogs in my apartment but I can have cats so I decided a cat would be good company :) Missy has the typical tortie attitude. She still hisses at me sometimes when she doesn't want me to come close to her. It is really amazing to see how she has progressed from hiding all day in her bed to actually nearly climbing onto my lap like in these two videos :) I love watching her come out of her shell!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here are some earlier videos...
When I first got her, she hid in the litter box (it was covered). I had to take the lid off the litter box and put it over her bed so she would hide in the bed instead (I was afraid if she used the litter box as a bed then she would obviously eliminate outside the box). I set up a safe room for her and she rarely came out of the room until about 2-3 weeks of living with me. Now she loves the living room and has her little cat tree perch by the window where she sleeps. The safe room is still where her food, water and litter box are so she still goes in there... and roams around the apartment...

http://youtu.be/a6hEiNUMD6I

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks Catbrb! I like your tortie too :)
I love that people think she is pretty, cute, a good girl... I took her pretty much sight unseen - I just wanted to save a life :) and now I really love her!

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
What a huge difference! In one video she's parked in the litterbox, and in the new one she's climbing up on your couch saying, "Hey you, the center of your universe is down here."

Have you seen the new show My Cat From H*ell? I ask because in one case, there was a cat who hid in the litterbox. The first thing the visiting cat behaviorist told them to do was take the cover off the litterbox, so you did the right thing there. He thought it was a damaging, sort of symbolic thing that a cat would lie in his own poop, as a sign that he wasn't feeling comfortable or confident. Good news was, with a few changes he was doing much better within a few weeks.

Congrats on Missy! What a doll.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
THANK YOU October! she is much, much more comfortable in her home now :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
and here is a video of her taken today playing with her new toys :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts