Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if I did the right thing but now it's to late I got a cat named Mitzy. I like her. But she isn't as friendly as Jordie. She doesn't seen to understand I mean, her no harm. She's a 4.5 yr old calico. She came from a friend of mine who, including her, had six cats. They were looking for someone to take one. Forever. I agreed too take hey on a, month long trial basis. Butt if you know m at all , you'll know that I'll fall in liver and not wasn't to give her back. What I really need is some advice. She is terrified probably is. She's hiding under my bed. is there a way to get her to come out, without forcing get? I already tried that route. She sat with me for a few minutes. But was not real happy.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Just sit on the floor in the same room with her and talk softly so she gets used to your voice and your scent and starts to understand you don't mean her harm. She will hide for a while. She may need to be in a room separated from the dog for a while too. This is all new to her and she's just a little scared. You can try giving her some treats too, but I wouldn't try to grab her yet. This is pretty normal for them to act like this.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

·
Premium Member
3,536 Posts
Talk to her real gently, feed her some yummy treats, those are always wonderful bribes. Just give her some time. She will come around. She is just scared right now, new place, new people.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I agree with spending some time in the room with her. You don't even need to focus on her- read a book or something- but just be in there with her so she can get used to you. Talking to her is also a good idea- you can read aloud or just talk to her about your day or what a pretty cat she is. I really believe talking to a nervous cat makes a difference in getting him/her to relax. Just give it some time and don't try to force her out if she's hiding- she just needs to get used to you and all the smells of her new home.

It sounds like she's got a great home with a loving owner and I'm sure she will be bothering you for attention all the time soon :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Hi Erin,
I am so sorry about Jordie...
I know it will hurt for while...

I just want to say, I think it's wonderful that you took in an adult kitty!
Mitzy sounds like a kitty that needs patience and understanding to fully bloom
and I just can't think of a better person than you, to accomplish this!!!
I really like the name you choose, it's very cute!!
Hugs! Lots of them!
Sharon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I doubt I will ever hear from them again. But if I do i will definitely give you guys updates. I really miss her. I do love Mitzy to. But I'm concerned she hadn't confer out from under under the bed to even eat. I put the food under the

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm concerned that she ain't coming out to eat. Not even at night. So I put her food under the bed. I am at a friends house. Mitzy came with her name i am thinking of changing her name to match rascals. Any idea? Or should i just leave, it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As you know I got a new kitty. She's 4.5 yrs old. She also came thRough a middle man. But this time, it's a m middleman, that I know. And trust. His friend got evicted. And Mitzy was my friends 6th cat. So he talked to his friend and told him that he had a good home fir the cat to go to. I really like her. Can't say I love her quite yet. But I will get there. Am I being fair too her? Ok I do love her. Just, not like Jordie. Jordie wad something special

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Hi Erin!
Thought I would upload the picture you sent me of Mitzy!! She's a very pretty kitty! ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Erin, has Mitzy eaten any of the food you put under the bed where she's hiding?
Has she come out to use the litter box?
Let us know your concerns so we can try and help you find the answers you need!
Sharon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know if she's eaten yet. I missed the last bus last night it was a rough night.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Awwwwww Mitzy is soooooo cute!!!! Give her time. She is scared, not in her home, has all new smells, new mommy. She looks like a tortie? She might also be a very sensitive cat. Give her time :). Don't force hugs or cuddles. Get some really good treats....maybe chicken. Talk to her softly.give some slow eye blinks, meow and purr to her, tell her she's ok. Your gonna be ok too ;)

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Erin,
How is Mitzy doing? Has she nibbled any food yet?
You could try playing with a toy or maybe a shoe or boot lace...
Try some catnip even...
Let us know!
Hugs!
Sharon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She has eaten and drank. I went under the bed to spend time with her. I know I shouldn't have. But she asked for Pets from me started rubbing against me and purring. I think we are going to get along great

·
Premium Member
8,622 Posts
Yea!! Erin! Way to go!! I knew you'd win her over!! I'm glad she's eaten and drank some water.
Just continue being gentle with her and she'll be out from under the bed in
no time!!
Happy Hugs for you!
Sharon

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you. I want a bond with her like I had with Jordie. Not sure if that's possible. But I would like to give this kitty s chance. Also some day I'd like to bring her too my friends house with me. Is that a good idea?

1 - 20 of 65 Posts